Internet companies need to build consumer privacy and data controls into their online services to protect their brands, gain trust from their users, avoid civil lawsuits and prevent government probes, according to two regulators from the U.S. and Can...
The U.S. Congress needs to pass legislation that would require law enforcement agencies to get permission from a judge before tracking suspects through their mobile phones, instead of the now-common practice of tracking a mobile subscriber's location...
While representatives of the online advertising industry questioned whether new laws are needed to protect consumer privacy online, several U.S. lawmakers on Thursday called for new regulations targeting online tracking.
Many top websites share their visitors' names, usernames or other personal information with their partners without telling users and, in some cases, without knowing they're doing it, according to a new study from Stanford University.
Peer-to-peer software developer Frostwire has agreed to settle U.S. Federal Trade Commission charges that its software would likely cause users to unknowingly share sensitive personal files, including pictures, from their Android devices, the FTC sai...
Officials in a number of German state governments have owned up to using the Quellen-TKÜ Trojan Horse software in criminal investigations to intercept encrypted telecommunications on PCs. At least one state said it has suspended use of the software, ...
Data-mining programs at the U.S. Department of Homeland Security are not fully reviewed by the agency for their effectiveness and, in some cases, for their compliance with privacy protection mandates, according to a report from the U.S. Government Ac...
Facebook is ignoring a serious shortcoming in the way it limits application developers' access to information about Facebook users, according to a pair of hackers.
With Facebook's constant stream of changes, keeping up with your privacy settings can be daunting. Here's a rundown of the newest features, what the changes mean to your privacy and how to update your settings.
Sensitive data including Social Security Numbers, names, addresses, phone numbers and personal health data belonging to about 4.9 million active and retired U.S. military personnel may have been compromised after backup tapes containing the data went...
Facebook's tracking technology has landed the social network in hot water, with two lawmakers calling for a Federal Trade Commission (FTC) investigation.
Earlier this week, we told you how to turn off a new, potentially mortifying Spotify feature that tells your Facebook friends, in real-time, what you are listening to. If you're a closeted fan of, say, Alvin and the Chipmunks tunes, but your friends ...
If you care to keep your past in the past, Facebook's new version of the profile, called Timeline, makes that a little more difficult.
Amazon's new Silk browser has raised some eyebrows among privacy and security experts.
Two U.S. lawmakers have called on the U.S. Federal Trade Commission to investigate the use of so-called supercookies on many websites, with the two suggesting that use of the hard-to-remove tracking tools may be an unfair business practice.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google turns on HTTPS for all blogspot blogs
- Critical flaws in ImageMagick library expose websites to hacking
- Ads mislead over broadband Internet access pricing, regulator warns
- Immigration Minister Peter Dutton becomes Creepy internet meme
- Sharepoint is going mobile this year with a new app
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperWA