People who want to limit the behavioral advertising and tracking they are subjected to on the Web aren't well served by some popular privacy tools, according to a Carnegie Mellon University study.
Google's work to integrate its Google+ social networking site broadly with its other services could raise red flags for users who want to closely guard their privacy.
Two civil liberties groups have filed lawsuits asking the U.S. Department of Justice to detail its collection of electronic data and other information under the 10-year-old counterterrorism law, the USA Patriot Act.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission members voted unanimously to approve an agreement that settles a privacy-violation complaint the agency leveled against Google over the company's Buzz microblogging and social networking service.
The European Union's data watchdog has attacked plans for a new Europe-wide database of alleged intellectual property infringers.
Adobe is working on a fix for a Flash Player vulnerability that can be exploited via clickjacking techniques to turn on people's webcams or microphones without their knowledge.
Internet companies need to build consumer privacy and data controls into their online services to protect their brands, gain trust from their users, avoid civil lawsuits and prevent government probes, according to two regulators from the U.S. and Can...
The U.S. Congress needs to pass legislation that would require law enforcement agencies to get permission from a judge before tracking suspects through their mobile phones, instead of the now-common practice of tracking a mobile subscriber's location...
While representatives of the online advertising industry questioned whether new laws are needed to protect consumer privacy online, several U.S. lawmakers on Thursday called for new regulations targeting online tracking.
Many top websites share their visitors' names, usernames or other personal information with their partners without telling users and, in some cases, without knowing they're doing it, according to a new study from Stanford University.
Peer-to-peer software developer Frostwire has agreed to settle U.S. Federal Trade Commission charges that its software would likely cause users to unknowingly share sensitive personal files, including pictures, from their Android devices, the FTC sai...
Officials in a number of German state governments have owned up to using the Quellen-TKÜ Trojan Horse software in criminal investigations to intercept encrypted telecommunications on PCs. At least one state said it has suspended use of the software, ...
Data-mining programs at the U.S. Department of Homeland Security are not fully reviewed by the agency for their effectiveness and, in some cases, for their compliance with privacy protection mandates, according to a report from the U.S. Government Ac...
Facebook is ignoring a serious shortcoming in the way it limits application developers' access to information about Facebook users, according to a pair of hackers.
With Facebook's constant stream of changes, keeping up with your privacy settings can be daunting. Here's a rundown of the newest features, what the changes mean to your privacy and how to update your settings.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Epic Games forum hack underscores the need to install security patches
- Nvidia's new Tegra chip can avoid trouble with the traffic police
- Samsung bets on Tizen smartphones again with a new launch in India
- Arista plans its own take on all-seeing network software
- Groups oppose US plan to collect social media info from visitors
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCData/ Business AnalystVIC
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCDelivery Manager - Change & RleaseACT
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Digital BA (iOS / Android)NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW