A U.S. Congress committee has overwhelmingly approved legislation designed to stop the bulk collection of U.S. phone records by the National Security Agency.
U.S. lawmakers are skeptical of an FBI request for Congress to mandate encryption workarounds in smartphones, with critics saying Wednesday that back doors would create new vulnerabilities that bad guys can exploit.
Secret, an app for anonymous posts that initially attracted buzz but drew criticism after a redesign, is shutting down.
A bipartisan group of U.S. lawmakers has reintroduced legislation aimed at ending the National Security Agency's bulk collection of telephone records across the country.
Attackers can potentially snoop on the encrypted traffic of over 25,000 iOS applications due to a vulnerability in a popular open-source networking library.
A company that tracked retail store customers through their smartphones without notifying them and without giving them a chance to turn off the tracking has settled a U.S. Federal Trade Commission complaint that it didn't live up to its privacy promi...
The U.S. House of Representatives has voted to approve legislation that would encourage companies to share cyberattack information with each other and with the government, despite concerns that it would put new consumer information in the hands of su...
The majority leader of the U.S. Senate has introduced a bill that would extend the surveillance provisions of the Patriot Act until 2020, instead of expiring on June 1.
Cryptography experts at the RSA security conference on Tuesday picked holes in U.S. plans to require that law enforcers be given a way to break encryption to exercise lawful intercept rights.
The U.S. House of Representatives may vote on a controversial cyberthreat information sharing bill this week, despite major privacy concerns from many digital rights groups and security researchers.
Google plans to serve most of its ads over encrypted HTTPS connections by the end of June, a move that will protect against some ad hijacking attacks and will encourage website owners to enable encryption on their Web properties.
RadioShack will press on with its plan to sell its customer data, despite opposition from a number of U.S. states.
A new bill designed to encourage businesses and government agencies to share information about cyberthreats with each other may go farther toward protecting the privacy of Internet users than other recent legislation in the U.S. Congress.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCOracle Test LeadNSW
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- FTProject Support OfficerWA
- FTImplementation Consultant, Enterprise SoftwareNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCVMWare Horizon View 6.1 roll out & IT support | Short contract | Macquarie ParkNSW
- PTService Desk OperatorSA
- CCProducts and Markets Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA