A U.S. appeals court judge shredded the government's defense of an extensive National Security Agency program targeting the phone records of the nation's residents.
The U.S. National Security Agency's program to collect domestic telephone records in bulk was not authorized by Congress in the Patriot Act, an appeals court has ruled.
Legislation intended to end the U.S. National Security Agency's bulk collection of domestic telephone records is drawing opposition from several unlikely sources, digital and civil rights groups.
A new bill in Congress would require law enforcement agencies to get court-ordered warrants before targeting U.S. residents in searches of electronic communications collected by the National Security Agency.
Technical advances -- and questionable use -- are fast accelerating the need for policies regarding the unmanned future of our skies
Mobile phone users have "no reasonable expectation of privacy" for their location tracking data, and should expect police agencies investigating crimes to obtain that information without court-approved warrants, a U.S. appeals court has ruled.
French lawmakers have taken a first step toward allowing real-time surveillance of Internet and mobile phone use in France.
Faced with criticism from lawmakers and civil rights groups, the U.S. Department of Justice has begun a review of the secretive use of cellphone surveillance technology that mimics cellphone towers, and will get more open on its use, according to a n...
The U.S. Congress should kill the section of the Patriot Act that has allowed the National Security Agency to collect millions of phone records from the nation's residents, instead of trying to amend it, a civil liberties advocate said Friday.
Mozilla is planning to gradually favor HTTPS (HTTP Secure) connections over non-secure HTTP connections by making some new features on its browser available only to secured sites.
Users are getting greater choice over what information is shared with websites and apps when they log in using their Facebook ID.
A U.S. Congress committee has overwhelmingly approved legislation designed to stop the bulk collection of U.S. phone records by the National Security Agency.
U.S. lawmakers are skeptical of an FBI request for Congress to mandate encryption workarounds in smartphones, with critics saying Wednesday that back doors would create new vulnerabilities that bad guys can exploit.
Secret, an app for anonymous posts that initially attracted buzz but drew criticism after a redesign, is shutting down.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Leaked Windows 10 build shows Microsoft filling a major content hole: Ebooks
- PCWorld's January Digital Edition: How AMD's Ryzen chip could change everything
- AI should enhance, not replace, humans, say CEOs of IBM and Microsoft
- Sensitive access tokens and keys found in hundreds of Android apps
- Microsoft's first tethered Windows 10 VR headsets to ship in March
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - ReportingNSW
- CCBusiness/Process AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- TPProject Services OpportunitiesSA
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPData Analyst - Business IntelligenceQLD
- CCProject DirectorVIC
- TPProject Manager with a Development BackgroundQLD
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantWA
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCMid-level Java Developer / Programmer (Contract) Finance CBDNSW
- FTSecurity IPS Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- TPSenior|Principal SAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCJunior BI / Data Analytics Analyst - contract - SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- FTTechnical Account ManagerNSW
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC