Perhaps the biggest selling point for VMware's newly announced hybrid cloud strategy -- and the reason it could be a game changer in the infrastructure as a service (IaaS) market -- is because of the common platform VMware customers will now have bet...
Outages with large public cloud providers aren't more common than they are with a business' own private infrastructure.
As we rapidly approach yet another VMworld conference and the general release of VMware vSphere 5, it's clear that VMware hasn't been resting on its laurels. The newest version of vSphere builds on the strong foundations of vSphere 4.1, showcasing ne...
If IT shops want to prevent users from going to the Cloud, they have to bring the Cloud to the users.
A day after Hewlett-Packard CEO Leo Apotheker outlined his strategic vision for HP -- a plan chock-full of new cloud offerings -- he sat down with IDG Enterprise Chief Content Officer John Gallant and InfoWorld Editor in Chief Eric Knorr to share hi...
The "private cloud" is a popular phrase in IT these days, but often a meaningless one, with tech vendors slapping the label on any old product that happens to make an existing IT function slightly more efficient.
The definition of "private cloud" tends to vary from source to source, but at First American Corp. in Santa Ana, Calif., which is building a private cloud, the benefits are crystal clear: the project will eliminate busy work for IT professionals whil...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Backdoor accounts found in 80 Sony IP security camera models
- Arago teaches an AI to play games, the better to manage IT systems
- Microsoft's LinkedIn deal clears the EU, will close in the coming days
- WD will make a record-breaking 14TB hard drive available next year
- Dropbox boosts mobile productivity with offline folder support
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)SA
- CCSenior Project AnalystNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Engineer (Microwave)NSW
- CCServiceNow and Service Management ArchitectNSW
- TPProject Manager - SalesforceVIC
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCProject Manager - ProcurementNSW
- FTAgile Iteration ManagerWA
- CCWintel Server SupportACT
- CCSecurity ConsultantWA
- FTSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- CCAutoCAD Business System Analyst/ GIS, Spatial AnalystNSW
- CCWeb Developer - Financial MarketsNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI Designer (Mobile)NSW
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderQLD
- CCCommercial Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- CCProgram PMO Analyst, GovernanceNSW
- CCService SupportACT
- TPBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderQLD
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- CCSiebel Developers x 8NSW
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner)QLD