Perhaps the biggest selling point for VMware's newly announced hybrid cloud strategy -- and the reason it could be a game changer in the infrastructure as a service (IaaS) market -- is because of the common platform VMware customers will now have bet...
Outages with large public cloud providers aren't more common than they are with a business' own private infrastructure.
As we rapidly approach yet another VMworld conference and the general release of VMware vSphere 5, it's clear that VMware hasn't been resting on its laurels. The newest version of vSphere builds on the strong foundations of vSphere 4.1, showcasing ne...
If IT shops want to prevent users from going to the Cloud, they have to bring the Cloud to the users.
A day after Hewlett-Packard CEO Leo Apotheker outlined his strategic vision for HP -- a plan chock-full of new cloud offerings -- he sat down with IDG Enterprise Chief Content Officer John Gallant and InfoWorld Editor in Chief Eric Knorr to share hi...
The "private cloud" is a popular phrase in IT these days, but often a meaningless one, with tech vendors slapping the label on any old product that happens to make an existing IT function slightly more efficient.
The definition of "private cloud" tends to vary from source to source, but at First American Corp. in Santa Ana, Calif., which is building a private cloud, the benefits are crystal clear: the project will eliminate busy work for IT professionals whil...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Java installer flaw shows why you should clear your Downloads folder
- Facebook's Free Basics prohibited in India
- Apple's GPU supplier ditches CEO, seeks new strategy
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- JB Hi-Fi reaches $2bn revenue mark for 2016 half-year results
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- FTSenior Portfolio Manager - IT ProjectsNSW
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- CCIT Performance Test AnalystACT
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia