GoGrid has rolled out a hosted private cloud offering, designed to offer customers the benefits of the public cloud on dedicated hardware.
2010 saw Microsoft make a big grab for the cloud, while big business got serious about building clouds of its own
Eucalyptus Systems has struck a partnership with Red Hat that should ultimately ease the deployment of Eucalyptus private cloud platform on Red Hat software.
VMware wants people to be able to access enterprise applications with the same ease and flexibility they enjoy from Facebook and Gmail. That is, on any device, without a thought about where the service originated.
With its Cloud Manager software released on Monday, Novell hopes to address the vendor lock-in problem facing enterprises building private clouds.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
- Remote management app exposes millions of Android users to hacking
- ‘Distributed guessing’ attack lets hackers verify Visa card details
- What happens when a country cracks down on fake news? Ask China
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCInfrastructure ManagerACT
- CCEnterprise Storage and Converged Infrastructure EngineerACT
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst/Salesforce Developer APEXNSW
- FTIT Client Support AnalystNSW
- FTICT Manager - DefenceACT
- CCDigital Producer | 3 Month Contract roleNSW
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - Reporting, Excel and AutoCAD experienceNSW
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- CCData Analyst - Excel focusedACT
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperVIC
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCLevel 1 Help Desk - Immediate Start!QLD
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCPerformance Test AnalystOther
- TPSenior Change ManagerNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCSystems Engineer - Multiple RolesSA
- FTTraining CoordinatorNSW
- FTService Delivery Management LeadQLD
- FTRegional Customer Relations Manager - APACQLD
- CCSupport OfficerSA
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerWA
- CCSoftware TesterACT