Intel is drumming up excitement for its upcoming chips code-named Skylake, showing the first tablet based on the architecture during a keynote at the Computex show in Taipei.
Qualcomm hopes to put its chips in more low-cost Android tablets through a partnership with Chinese chip maker Allwinner.
Chip maker Mediatek is preparing to enter the laptop business, with the first Chromebooks based on its processors due to appear soon.
ARM is trying to resolve the thorny problem of battery life in Internet of Things devices with a new chip design that will significantly reduce the power consumed by processors, sensors and wireless chips.
Millions of 4K displays have been sold, and Nvidia believes its new GeForce GTX980 Ti graphics processor will give desktops the muscle to play the growing number of 4K games.
More Windows devices with Intel's Atom chips code-named Cherry Trail were announced this week, giving the Microsoft OS an early lead over Android, which is not yet in any tablet based on the new chips.
U.S. and Chinese researchers have developed semiconductor chips that are nearly entirely made out of wood-derived material.
Heated competition in the smartphone and tablet markets has required chip makers to speed up the pace at which they release new processors, the CEO of ARM said in an interview this week.
A startup company with some very big-name backers has just come out of stealth mode and revealed a business plan that could turn bitcoin mining -- and even the economics of selling chips and smartphones -- on its head.
ARM's next major CPU design could be here sooner than you think.
Intel is expanding its custom server chip program by integrating a special processing unit that could speed up specific applications in cloud computing environments.
Not satisfied with offering eight-core chips, Taiwan's MediaTek has unveiled a mobile processor with 10 cores.
Two years ago, AMD tried to cut its reliance on the plodding x86 design by building server chips around ARM, the hot architecture driving mobile devices. That hasn't worked out, and the company is now putting its faith back in x86.
AMD will battle Intel for computer performance supremacy with a new high-speed chip that could be the fastest when it ships.
AMD's recent chips haven't rocked Intel's PC market dominance, but new chips based on the company's Zen architecture could change the narrative next year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
- Intel asserts its trademark rights against John McAfee
- Big data: The obstacles we’re seeing and how to overcome them
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-month renewable Contract)Asia
- CCSenior Java Developer-Java SE 8, HTTP APIs, Protocol BuffersNSW
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- CCResident Operation Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- FTJava Developer - Canberra RoleNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistVIC
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystVIC
- FTBiomedical Project ManagerSA
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 161014/CO/vmtAsia
- CCSenior Project Specialist - SchedulingVIC
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTProject ManagerSA
- CCService Desk ConsultantTAS
- CCNetwork AdministratorVIC