Intel is drumming up excitement for its upcoming chips code-named Skylake, showing the first tablet based on the architecture during a keynote at the Computex show in Taipei.
Qualcomm hopes to put its chips in more low-cost Android tablets through a partnership with Chinese chip maker Allwinner.
Chip maker Mediatek is preparing to enter the laptop business, with the first Chromebooks based on its processors due to appear soon.
ARM is trying to resolve the thorny problem of battery life in Internet of Things devices with a new chip design that will significantly reduce the power consumed by processors, sensors and wireless chips.
Millions of 4K displays have been sold, and Nvidia believes its new GeForce GTX980 Ti graphics processor will give desktops the muscle to play the growing number of 4K games.
More Windows devices with Intel's Atom chips code-named Cherry Trail were announced this week, giving the Microsoft OS an early lead over Android, which is not yet in any tablet based on the new chips.
U.S. and Chinese researchers have developed semiconductor chips that are nearly entirely made out of wood-derived material.
Heated competition in the smartphone and tablet markets has required chip makers to speed up the pace at which they release new processors, the CEO of ARM said in an interview this week.
A startup company with some very big-name backers has just come out of stealth mode and revealed a business plan that could turn bitcoin mining -- and even the economics of selling chips and smartphones -- on its head.
ARM's next major CPU design could be here sooner than you think.
Intel is expanding its custom server chip program by integrating a special processing unit that could speed up specific applications in cloud computing environments.
Not satisfied with offering eight-core chips, Taiwan's MediaTek has unveiled a mobile processor with 10 cores.
Two years ago, AMD tried to cut its reliance on the plodding x86 design by building server chips around ARM, the hot architecture driving mobile devices. That hasn't worked out, and the company is now putting its faith back in x86.
AMD will battle Intel for computer performance supremacy with a new high-speed chip that could be the fastest when it ships.
AMD's recent chips haven't rocked Intel's PC market dominance, but new chips based on the company's Zen architecture could change the narrative next year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- FBI probes DNC hack as suspicions of Russian involvement widen
- Here are the key security features coming to Windows 10 next week
- Nvidia's latest Quadro GPU delivers a blistering 12 teraflops of performance
- Why 'qudits' (not qubits) may be the key to quantum computing
- Devices with Qualcomm modems safe from critical ASN.1 telecom flaw
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- CCProject Services CoordinatorACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCCrystal reports expertACT
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Microsoft Active DirectoryNSW
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- FTSAP PI ABAP SpecialistVIC
- CCUI/UX DesignerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCUser Access Review (UAR) DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCIP & Fixed Process Improvement SpecialistVIC
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- CCIP & Fixed LeadVIC
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- FTUX DesignerVIC