Intel is drumming up excitement for its upcoming chips code-named Skylake, showing the first tablet based on the architecture during a keynote at the Computex show in Taipei.
Qualcomm hopes to put its chips in more low-cost Android tablets through a partnership with Chinese chip maker Allwinner.
Chip maker Mediatek is preparing to enter the laptop business, with the first Chromebooks based on its processors due to appear soon.
ARM is trying to resolve the thorny problem of battery life in Internet of Things devices with a new chip design that will significantly reduce the power consumed by processors, sensors and wireless chips.
Millions of 4K displays have been sold, and Nvidia believes its new GeForce GTX980 Ti graphics processor will give desktops the muscle to play the growing number of 4K games.
More Windows devices with Intel's Atom chips code-named Cherry Trail were announced this week, giving the Microsoft OS an early lead over Android, which is not yet in any tablet based on the new chips.
U.S. and Chinese researchers have developed semiconductor chips that are nearly entirely made out of wood-derived material.
Heated competition in the smartphone and tablet markets has required chip makers to speed up the pace at which they release new processors, the CEO of ARM said in an interview this week.
A startup company with some very big-name backers has just come out of stealth mode and revealed a business plan that could turn bitcoin mining -- and even the economics of selling chips and smartphones -- on its head.
ARM's next major CPU design could be here sooner than you think.
Intel is expanding its custom server chip program by integrating a special processing unit that could speed up specific applications in cloud computing environments.
Not satisfied with offering eight-core chips, Taiwan's MediaTek has unveiled a mobile processor with 10 cores.
Two years ago, AMD tried to cut its reliance on the plodding x86 design by building server chips around ARM, the hot architecture driving mobile devices. That hasn't worked out, and the company is now putting its faith back in x86.
AMD will battle Intel for computer performance supremacy with a new high-speed chip that could be the fastest when it ships.
AMD's recent chips haven't rocked Intel's PC market dominance, but new chips based on the company's Zen architecture could change the narrative next year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google tool lets users personalize the ads they see
- Review: Incipio OtterBox and 3Sixt covers for the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
- All coverage from Computex 2016
- Huawei beats Samsung and all Android rivals on security patching
- Installing Windows 10: What to do when there’s not enough storage space
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCMidrange Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCHelpdesk (Level 1 Support)QLD
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW