Nvidia's CEO showed an updated version of the company's Shield portable gaming device at the Computex trade show Tuesday, and said it will start shipping the device later this month to customers who pre-ordered it.
Intel has shown off the first smartphone based on its next Atom smartphone chip code-named Merrifield, which will provide better performance and battery life than current Atom chips.
Nvidia is usually trumpeting the graphics performance of its Tegra 4 chip, but at the Computex trade show on Tuesday CEO Jen-Hsun Huang showed how its newest processor can be used to create a precise, affordable stylus for tablets.
Intel is jumping into cloud gaming with the new Xeon E3-1200v3 chips, which are the company's first server processors based on the Haswell microarchitecture.
Intel wants to match PC battery life with that of tablets through its new dual-core fourth-generation Core processors code-named Haswell.
The seesaw mobile processor battle between ARM and Intel continued at Computex, with ARM claiming it offered better performance per watt for mobile devices than Intel's upcoming chips.
ARM is targeting mid-range smartphones and tablets priced between US$200 and $350 with a new low-power Cortex-A12 processor the company announced Monday at the Computex trade show in Taiwan.
PCs that are cooler, smaller and faster were announced by computer makers Sunday in advance of Computex, with the new machines featuring Intel's speedier fourth-generation Core processors code-named Haswell.
Intel officially introduced its latest Core microprocessor technology on Saturday. Code-named "Haswell," the new CPUs address the PC industry's need for higher-performing parts that consume even lower amounts of power.
After months of teasers, Intel kicked off shipments of fourth-generation Core processors code-named Haswell, with the first batch being quad-core chips for laptops and desktops.
Intel's upcoming Atom tablet chip code-named Bay Trail will be repurposed for use in the company's Celeron and Pentium chips for entry-level laptops, desktops and all-in-ones, Intel said on Friday.
Want to find out what's next in smartphones, tablets and PCs? The latest trends in hardware will be on display at the giant Computex trade show, which kicks off in Taipei next week.
Taiwan's MediaTek has launched a new quad-core ARM processor for tablets that is slated to be used in an upcoming IdeaTab device from Lenovo.
Advanced Micro Devices had no plans to release low-power x86 server chips until the release of its ARM-based servers in 2014, but sagging server fortunes have changed the company's direction.
Looking at historical trends and performance benchmarks, a team of researchers in Spain have concluded that smartphone chips could one day replace the more expensive and power-hungry x86 processors used in most of the world's top supercomputers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer (IBM/Oracle/SQL) 160524/STSE/vmtAsia
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCOracle Applications Team LeadNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- CCQA OfficerACT