Samsung TVs will be able to play movies streamed directly from PCs running Intel's latest processors by the end of this year.
Nvidia's CEO showed an updated version of the company's Shield portable gaming device at the Computex trade show Tuesday, and said it will start shipping the device later this month to customers who pre-ordered it.
Intel has shown off the first smartphone based on its next Atom smartphone chip code-named Merrifield, which will provide better performance and battery life than current Atom chips.
Nvidia is usually trumpeting the graphics performance of its Tegra 4 chip, but at the Computex trade show on Tuesday CEO Jen-Hsun Huang showed how its newest processor can be used to create a precise, affordable stylus for tablets.
Intel is jumping into cloud gaming with the new Xeon E3-1200v3 chips, which are the company's first server processors based on the Haswell microarchitecture.
Intel wants to match PC battery life with that of tablets through its new dual-core fourth-generation Core processors code-named Haswell.
The seesaw mobile processor battle between ARM and Intel continued at Computex, with ARM claiming it offered better performance per watt for mobile devices than Intel's upcoming chips.
ARM is targeting mid-range smartphones and tablets priced between US$200 and $350 with a new low-power Cortex-A12 processor the company announced Monday at the Computex trade show in Taiwan.
PCs that are cooler, smaller and faster were announced by computer makers Sunday in advance of Computex, with the new machines featuring Intel's speedier fourth-generation Core processors code-named Haswell.
Intel officially introduced its latest Core microprocessor technology on Saturday. Code-named "Haswell," the new CPUs address the PC industry's need for higher-performing parts that consume even lower amounts of power.
After months of teasers, Intel kicked off shipments of fourth-generation Core processors code-named Haswell, with the first batch being quad-core chips for laptops and desktops.
Intel's upcoming Atom tablet chip code-named Bay Trail will be repurposed for use in the company's Celeron and Pentium chips for entry-level laptops, desktops and all-in-ones, Intel said on Friday.
Want to find out what's next in smartphones, tablets and PCs? The latest trends in hardware will be on display at the giant Computex trade show, which kicks off in Taipei next week.
Taiwan's MediaTek has launched a new quad-core ARM processor for tablets that is slated to be used in an upcoming IdeaTab device from Lenovo.
Advanced Micro Devices had no plans to release low-power x86 server chips until the release of its ARM-based servers in 2014, but sagging server fortunes have changed the company's direction.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel thinks IoT will have a firm place in the stores of the future
- China tightens control over app stores
- A new Microsoft foldable device patent offers more grist for the Surface phone rumor mill
- Critical flaw lets hackers take control of Samsung SmartCam cameras
- Facebook launches fake news reporting tool in Germany
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- CCBiztalk DeveloperVIC
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD
- CCSenior Transition and Organisational Change ManagerNSW
- TPICT Support Analyst (level 1 & 2)SA
- CCBiztalk DeveloperNSW
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTTechnology Testing CoordinatorQLD
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- CCSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- TPNetwork Security OfficerVIC
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTSenior AEM Consultant - Public SectorACT
- FTDeveloper - Java, Mule ESBNSW
- CCInfrastructure Architect - Migration Project -Hyper-V & VMWareNSW
- CCSenior Business Project Manager Financial PlanningVIC
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW