Newly minted Advanced Micro Devices CEO Rory Read faces a challenge in turning around the company's mobile strategy to wage a competitive battle against rivals Intel and ARM.
Apple's next iPad will be faster and more power-efficient thanks to its new, quad-core A6 processor, but the new tablet may not be ready to ship until next June, an industry analyst said Monday.
IBM has created prototype chips that could mimic brain-like functionality, which the company said is an "unprecedented" step forward in creating intelligent computers that collect, process and understand data quickly.
Intel this week defended its fee-based processor upgrade program, saying it is a way to add incremental performance without having to tear the system apart for a CPU upgrade.
Advanced Micro Devices is looking at the costs of software licensing and taxes<strong> </strong>as it aims to reduce the number of data centers worldwide, company officials said this week.
Intel will invest $US300 million in companies that develop new technologies for Ultrabooks, a class of thin and light laptops promoted as an alternative to tablet PCs.
Advanced Micro Devices is not immediately chasing the market for smartphones as it does not align with the company's strength in technologies like graphics, according to an an executive
After initial success, Intel's netbook strategy is at a crossroads as demand for tablets and low-cost laptops with larger screens rises, a company executive said this week.
IDC dropped its growth forecast for yearly processor shipments worldwide due to a slowdown in consumer laptop sales in mature markets such as the US and Europe.
Strong demand for Fusion chips helped Advanced Micro Devices take global microprocessor market share from Intel in the second quarter this year, Mercury Research said in a study released on Thursday.
A stagnant laptop market could be reinvigorated with the arrival of ARM processors, which will enable lighter machines with all-day battery life, industry observers said.
Intel has shipped two ultra-low-voltage Celeron processors this month as the company fills out its Sandy Bridge chip lineup for budget laptops.
The post-PC era is not yet upon us, executives from Intel and Advanced Micro Devices insisted this week in conference calls to discuss their earnings, where the impact of tablets on their businesses was the big question.
On Wednesday, simultaneous with the release of Mac OS X Lion, Apple announced the impending release of new MacBook Air models. The new editions of Apple's lightweight 11- and 13-inch laptops have received a major boost in speed and connectivity: They...
Intel's Atom microprocessor shipments declined during the second fiscal quarter of 2011, but the company reported strong profit growth even as it tried to diversify into the smartphone and tablet markets.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hipchat resets user passwords after possible breach
- ONUG gets closer to making SD-WANs talk to each other
- Cars will get superior digital vision with ARM's camera chip
- Microsoft finds another use for LinkedIn with CRM integration
- How to delete and disable location history in the Windows 10 Creators Update
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTIT Test ManagerNSW
- TPLevel 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- FTProgram L&D Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCMaster Data Analyst - SAPNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst | DETQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness Implementation Manager - Wealth AdviceNSW
- CCInteraction DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Capacity Planner | Contract through till DecemberVIC
- CCSOE Business AnalystACT
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- FTLooking for Information Security professional @ CanberraNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- TPEOI - Developer/Tester/Software EngineerACT
- FTTeam AssistantVIC
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTHTML DeveloperNSW
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- FTEngineer Control Systems SpecialistSA
- FTTraining Lead | Up to $800 per dayVIC
- FTDeveloper / Junior Solution DesignerQLD
- FTSenior Information Security SpecialistQLD
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- TPData AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Full Stack Web DeveloperACT