Pop quiz: Which is faster, the Atom Z3735F or the Atom Z3735G? If your eyes are glazing over, you're not alone, because even hard-core geeks get confused by Intel's naming convention for the Atom chip family -- which is why they're rebranding it.
As more sensors get added to the Internet of Things, power consumption can pose a problem, but researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology have come up with a way to reduce the energy that such components require.
The PC market has stabilized a bit lately but that hasn't done much for AMD, whose PC processor shipments are in decline. The company hopes to recover momentum this year with a new laptop chip coming soon code-named Carrizo.
Qualcomm is planting the seeds for 4K video and faster LTE speeds in more affordable smartphones with its new Snapdragon 620 and 618 processors, which will reach devices in the second half of this year.
The PowerPC is best known for powering old Mac computers, while MIPS processors were in the first PlayStation, NASA's New Horizons spacecraft and the first $99 Android tablets. Now, both processor families are widely used in equipment like networking...
Samsung may be one of its biggest competitors, but Apple is again turning to the South Korean company to get chips made for the iPhone, according to a report.
To bring its microprocessor designs to emerging markets, ARM Holdings is looking to China and its growing number of electronics vendors to help pave the way.
The company that powers your smartphones and tablets has introduced its most powerful chip design yet, the Cortex-A72, which should find its way into gadgets early next year.
Stability in the PC market has benefitted many chip and computer companies, but not Advanced Micro Devices.
After more than a year of holding steady, memory prices could fall this year as competition heats up between DRAM makers and excess inventory floods the market.
3D cameras, 4K graphics and biometric log-ins: that's what Intel's latest fifth-generation Core chips will bring to laptops that will start shipping this month. Laptops will also be thinner, faster and offer longer battery life.
They waited for "one last thing" at Nvidia's press conference, but it never came.
Laptop battery life and graphics will get a serious boost with Intel's new Core processors, reaching PCs this month following a long delay.
Nvidia is betting that its new "mobile super chip" will help achieve truly self-driving cars, reflecting a new direction for the company from its traditional market in mobile devices.
Advanced Micro Devices wants its chips in more laptops, and is devising a new strategy to reverse a free fall it has endured in the PC market over the last few years.
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Facing sexism charges, Uber says Eric Holder will investigate
- Apple, Microsoft and Amazon offer fairer deal on cloud storage
- Hackers behind bank attack campaign use Russian as decoy
- Microsoft eyes Indian startups for cloud services
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPChange AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Solution ArchitectSA
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPEnvironment Specialist(DevOps)QLD
- TPProject Support OfficerQLD
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- FTScrum MasterQLD
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional ConsultantACT
- TPDesktop Support OfficerQLD
- FTInfrastructure Security Compliance OfficerNSW
- TPBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTSenior Dot Net Backend Orientated DeveloperNSW
- CCFinance Analyst/ Project SpecialistVIC
- CCBPM DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Infrastructure ArchitectNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXWA
- TPDatabase Integration SpecialistVIC
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- TPLinux Desktop Support SpecialistWA
- CCProject Manager - Adelaide basedNSW