Sony is expected to next week report its first full-year operating profit in 2 years, according to a report in Saturday's Nikkei newspaper.
Motorola's fourth-quarter sales fell 20 percent year-on-year, but the company still made out a small profit, unhampered by the exceptional charges that plunged it into loss a year ago, it reported Thursday. It expects to make a loss in the first quar...
Nokia reported a fourth-quarter profit of €948 million (US$1.3 billion), up 65 percent from a year earlier thanks to improved phone sales.
IBM on Tuesday reported a 10 percent jump in profit for the fourth quarter as revenue increased at the company for the first time in more than a year.
Dell reported third-quarter profits on Thursday that were down 54 percent from this time last year, though the company said it was encouraged by a slight uptick in sales from the prior quarter.
A sharp fall in global sales of Nintendo's popular Wii console and a less dramatic slowdown in sales of the portable DS pushed down the company's sales and profits in the April to June quarter, the company said Thursday.
Lenovo posted a greater quarterly net loss than in the previous three months as the world's fourth-biggest PC vendor began restructuring and continued to suffer from weak demand for high-end products.
Cash-strapped nonprofits may not be the first place many would think to look for novel uses of technology, but it turns out some of them are on the cutting edge.
Intel on Tuesday reported a sharp drop in revenue and profit for the first quarter, but the company's CEO said the PC industry is showing signs of recovery.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- FTImplementation Consultant, Enterprise SoftwareNSW
- FTJunior Software Developer- Complex Tax/ Superannuation SolutionNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCBusiness Process Analyst - Supply ChainVIC
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- FTWeb Analytics Specialist - TechnicalNSW
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCSolution Architect_Microsoft ArchitectureACT
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - Audio VisualSA
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW