In his annual "State of the Onion" speech at the O'Reilly Open Source Conference (OSCON), Perl creator Larry Wall hinted that the long-awaited version 6 of the Perl programming language might finally be released soon. He also ruminated about the effe...
Less than four months after its unveiling at an early, experimental stage, Google Go looks promising to developers who say it offers significant improvements over other programming languages.
The new version of the Groovy programming language aims to make life easier for programmers who work with Java and SQL, the language's developers note.
Microsoft has done more to popularize graphical programming than any other vendor. The company's development tools, led by Visual Basic and Visual Studio, have been used by millions of software developers over the past two decades.
Microsoft is extending its "Community Promise" patent licensing to C# programs and Common Language Infrastructure (CLI), enabling open source usage of the technologies without fear of any reprisals.
Despite its complexity, the software development process has gotten better over the years. "Mature" programmers remember how many things required manual intervention and hand-tuning back in the day. Today's software development tools automatically pe...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Xiaomi gets into laptops with Mi Notebook Air
- IDG Pokémon Go bible
- Qualcomm agrees to pay $19.5M to settle charges of bias against women
- In light of increased cyberattacks, White House sets defence plan with FBI in charge
- The best Pokémon Go map grabs data directly from the Pokémon Go servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCIP & Fixed Process Improvement SpecialistVIC
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTJDE DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- CCHigh Severity Incident ManagerVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW