In his annual "State of the Onion" speech at the O'Reilly Open Source Conference (OSCON), Perl creator Larry Wall hinted that the long-awaited version 6 of the Perl programming language might finally be released soon. He also ruminated about the effe...
Less than four months after its unveiling at an early, experimental stage, Google Go looks promising to developers who say it offers significant improvements over other programming languages.
The new version of the Groovy programming language aims to make life easier for programmers who work with Java and SQL, the language's developers note.
Microsoft has done more to popularize graphical programming than any other vendor. The company's development tools, led by Visual Basic and Visual Studio, have been used by millions of software developers over the past two decades.
Microsoft is extending its "Community Promise" patent licensing to C# programs and Common Language Infrastructure (CLI), enabling open source usage of the technologies without fear of any reprisals.
Despite its complexity, the software development process has gotten better over the years. "Mature" programmers remember how many things required manual intervention and hand-tuning back in the day. Today's software development tools automatically pe...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Fiber puts expansion plans on hold to review strategy
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportQLD
- FTTechnical Services Engineer - Spanish speakingNSW
- FTSoftware Developers - .Net 4.6NSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- TPAndroid Developer | Tech Start-UpNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst/Data Analytics ConsultantVIC
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportVIC
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantNSW
- CCServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- TPJava Developer -- ContractWA
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportWA
- FTSoftware Design Engineer in Test (SDET)QLD
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationNSW
- FTWeb Business AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- CCBusiness Intelligence - DeveloperACT
- CCCisco Wi-Fi Network Engineer - SurveyorNSW
- FTProgram SchedulerNSW