A sophisticated distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) blocked Dutch government and privately run commercial sites from the public for more than 10 hours Tuesday.
Aging networking protocols still employed by nearly every Internet-connected device are being abused by hackers to conduct distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks.
The volume, duration and frequency of distributed denial-of-service (DDOS) attacks used to flood websites and other systems with junk traffic have significantly increased during the first three months of this year, according to a report released Wedn...
The largest bitcoin exchange said Thursday it is fighting an intense distributed denial-of-service attack it believes is intended at manipulating the price of virtual currency, which has seen volatile price swings in the past few days.
Evidence collected from a website that was recently used to flood U.S. banks with junk traffic suggests that the people behind the ongoing DDoS attack campaign against U.S. financial institutions -- thought by some to be the work of Iran -- are using...
Open and misconfigured DNS (Domain Name System) resolvers are increasingly used to amplify distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks, according to a report released Wednesday by HostExploit, an organization that tracks Internet hosts involved in c...
A week-long DDoS attack that launched a flood of traffic at an Asian e-commerce company in early November was the biggest such incident so far this year, according to Prolexic, a company that defends websites against such attacks.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- CCOracle Applications Team LeadNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW