Taiwan's major semiconductor manufacturers, a crucial link in the global tech supply chain, scrambled on Monday to gauge how their access to raw materials from Japanese suppliers will be affected by the powerful earthquake in Japan.
The price of DRAM, the main memory inside personal computers, will likely keep falling throughout the first half of next year before a recovery takes hold, analysts and market researchers say.
Prices of DRAM, the main memory chips used in personal computers, fell for the first time in over a year in June as companies increased production and PC vendors toughened their stance on further price increases.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15014 officially adds ebook support
- Data shows Tesla vehicle crashes dropped 40% with Autopilot
- Inside Intel's bold plan to personalize live 3D sports broadcasts
- Assange seeks to discuss his US extradition with the feds
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- TPService Delivery ManagerQLD
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) Technical Team LeaderACT
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- CCProject SchedulerQLD
- FTFunctional ConsultantNSW
- CCProject Manager - TelcoVIC
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW
- FTChange ManagerACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- FTJunior Software DeveloperQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerWA
- TPProject Manager with a Development BackgroundQLD