Sony expects the hack of the PlayStation Network and will cost it ¥14 billion (US$170 million) this financial year, it said Monday.
Millions of PlayStation users are once again able to shoot, fight and race their way through online worlds after Sony resumed online gaming service late Saturday and Sunday in many major markets.
Sony will begin a phased resumption of its PlayStation Network and Qriocity services on Sunday, more than three weeks after a cyber attack that resulted in the loss of personal information on more than 100 million customers.
Sony appears to be close to ending a two-week long outage of its PlayStation Network. The company said late Thursday that it is in the final stages of internal testing of the new system, but it stopped short of saying when the popular online gaming s...
Sony said it has found no link between an attack on its PlayStation Network and Qriocity services and Internet activist group Anonymous, which had earlier targeted its systems.
Sony's PlayStation Network and Qriocity online services will begin a phased resumption this week, after the company took them offline in response to a "very sophisticated" intrusion, the company said Sunday.
Sony is expected to provide its most detailed update yet on Sunday on a hack that hit the PlayStation Network and the status of personal information and credit card numbers of up to 77 million customers.
A U.S. congressional committee has asked Sony Computer Entertainment to explain several issues surrounding the massive potential leak of information on customers of its PlayStation Network.
Sony may offer users some form of compensation for the outage, now in its 8th day, of the PlayStation Network and Qriocity online services, its U.S. unit said late Thursday.
The city of Taipei is demanding that Sony provide details about any leak of PlayStation Network user data following an intrusion last week or face fines.
This is a timeline of major events associated with the attack on Sony's PlayStation Network and Qriocity online services.
Things just got a lot worse for users of the Sony PlayStation Network. With the service still offline after almost six days, Sony has now said that an intruder stole personal information about its users, potentially including their credit card number...
Sony's top executive in charge of its games division appeared in front of journalists in Tokyo on Tuesday but failed to address an outage of the company's PlayStation Network that is now in its sixth day and is affecting up to 75 million customers.
Sony has yet to determine the full scope of an attack on its PlayStation Network and Qriocity services that has left more than 75 million people without access for more than four days.
The outage of Sony's PlayStation Network and Qriocity service, now in its fourth day, looks set to continue after the company said on Sunday that it is "rebuilding" its system to better guard against attacks.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- These solar road panels could turn our world into Tron
- New Satana ransomware encrypts user files and master boot record
- Firmware exploit can defeat new Windows security features on Lenovo ThinkPads
- Use Apache Spark? This tool can help you tap machine learning
- Intel tunes its mega-chip for machine learning
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCTechnical BA - Networking/Infrastructure - Site RelocationNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA