Tokyo Electric Power on Friday sent a robot where no machine has gone before -- inside the highly radioactive heart of a reactor at the crippled Fukushima Dai-Ichi nuclear power plant.
So you want to track your water, electricity or gas consumption, but you still don't have a smart meter on your supply? Pixolus has a mobile app that makes it easier to keep track of meter readings, even with dumb meters.
Something has gone terribly wrong on the plant floor at ACME Specialty Chemical International Inc.
Two vulnerabilities found in industrial control system software made in China but used worldwide could be remotely exploited by attackers, according to a warning issued on Thursday by the U.S. Industrial Control Systems Cyber Emergency Response Team ...
The U.S. government and the country's top mobile phone service providers on Tuesday launched a public safety program that will allow people to receive emergency alerts via text message.
Tucked in a dark corner of the Cebit trade show, in Hall 2, lies a mousetrap. Not just any old mousetrap, but a wireless-enabled one.
Divining a possible new market in municipal water management systems, IBM has set up a pilot project in Dubuque, Iowa, to investigate whether cities could both save money and conserve water by monitoring citizens' usage more closely.
IBM will develop technology to monitor and analyze the state of buildings, roads, water lines and other urban infrastructure in a new laboratory it is opening with Carnegie Mellon University.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160615/ITA/922Asia
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCSystem Engineer (DevOps)WA
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC
- CCSenior Java DeveloperACT
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCProgram ManagementWA
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC