The Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One team has picked flash storage company, Pure Storage, to provide drives to its mobile datacentre for the 2016 Formula One season.
Enterprise storage is a long-term bet. Pure Storage, a growing maker of all-flash arrays, is reshuffling the deck on that gamble in a way that might save IT departments time and money.
A legal war between EMC and flash startup Pure Storage has escalated to charges of patent infringement and illegally obtaining a storage array to mine it for intellectual property.
EMC has sued Pure Storage for allegedly colluding with some of the storage giant's former employees to misappropriate and bring to the startup confidential EMC information and trade secrets, including lists and notes on current and potential customer...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTField EngineerVIC
- FTSecurity Operations EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderQLD
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)QLD
- CCInfrastructure Security SpecialistNSW
- CCSiebel Developers x 8ACT
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystACT
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Project EngineerNSW
- FTIT Client Support AnalystNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedNSW
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCElectronic Medications Management Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongVIC
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- FTTechnical Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- TPSHAREPOINT SPECIALISTQLD
- CCUser Interface(UI) DeveloperVIC
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- TPIT Project OfficerVIC