Objective-C, used for developing Apple iOS applications, climbs to No. 6 in the monthly Tiobe Programming Community index for most popular programming languages, after being ranked at number 8 a year ago. Also posting gains, C# rose to No. 4, a jump ...
The next version of the widely used Python programming language will offer greater support for writing multithreaded applications, a challenging duty for an increasing number of programmers in this age of multicore processors.
In the world of enterprise programming, the mainstream is broad and deep. Code is written predominantly in one of a few major languages. For some shops, this means Java; for others, it's C# or PHP. Sometimes, enterprise coders will dabble in C++ or a...
ActiveState has updated its distributions of the Python programming language so that they provide developers easier access to databases, as well as new ways of creating GUIs (Graphical User Interfaces), the company announced Wednesday.
Python 3.0, a new version of the language released earlier this week, has incompatibilities with the 2.x line, according to the Python Software Foundation.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Google wins latest round in Oracle legal battle
- Shoot an atom into silicon, and you may have the beginnings of a quantum computer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCMS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCSolutions Architect - SAP HANAQLD
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager - HFCVIC
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCIT Technical WriterACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCApplication Packaging ExpertVIC
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC