PC makers Hewlett-Packard and Dell have spilled details about new quad-core laptop processors from Intel prior to launch of the chips.
A Colorado man has sued Hewlett-Packard, saying that its Pavilion Elite desktop computers are "inherently defective," and constantly lock up within 10-20 minutes of use.
Intel dropped prices of some quad-core desktop processors on Sunday as it gets ready to launch processors based on the new Nehalem chip architecture.
Advanced Micro Devices is designing a server chip with up to 16 cores, quadrupling the count of its current quad-core server chips, the company said Wednesday.
Apple on Tuesday jumped ahead of Intel in launching the chip maker's quad-core Xeon chips, announcing two workstations that carry the upcoming processors.
QUESTION: My Windows 7 Home Premium computer has a quad-core processor and 4GB of RAM. I've not found any advantage to using four cores. How can I use the processor more effectively and allocate different processes to the individual cores?
Trying to boost the IT capabilities at his digital forensics company, Brian Dykstra invested in a quad-core processor-based server. After all, he figured, more cores means a more powerful machine that can do far more work than single-core systems.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Malware from Mirai DDoS attack continues to harass in short bursts
- To solve IoT security, look at the big picture, ARM says
- FCC tells ISPs to get customer permission before sharing sensitive info
- No need to shoot down drones! Many of them can now be hijacked
- Qualcomm agrees to buy NXP for over US$37 billion
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTLua DeveloperVIC
- TPChange Management - Multi-stream transformationNSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCInformatica LeadNSW
- CCURGENT REQUIREMENT - Business AnalystACT
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- CCICT Service Desk AnalystSA
- TPSenior Business Analyst | GovernmentQLD
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AX - Brisbane BasedQLD
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTERP Data Migration ConsultantNSW
- FTNetwork Support SpecialistACT
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceACT
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW
- FTMigration Release ManagerACT
- TPiOS Developer | Tech Start-UpNSW
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCDesktop SupportNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA