PC makers Hewlett-Packard and Dell have spilled details about new quad-core laptop processors from Intel prior to launch of the chips.
A Colorado man has sued Hewlett-Packard, saying that its Pavilion Elite desktop computers are "inherently defective," and constantly lock up within 10-20 minutes of use.
Intel dropped prices of some quad-core desktop processors on Sunday as it gets ready to launch processors based on the new Nehalem chip architecture.
Advanced Micro Devices is designing a server chip with up to 16 cores, quadrupling the count of its current quad-core server chips, the company said Wednesday.
Apple on Tuesday jumped ahead of Intel in launching the chip maker's quad-core Xeon chips, announcing two workstations that carry the upcoming processors.
QUESTION: My Windows 7 Home Premium computer has a quad-core processor and 4GB of RAM. I've not found any advantage to using four cores. How can I use the processor more effectively and allocate different processes to the individual cores?
Trying to boost the IT capabilities at his digital forensics company, Brian Dykstra invested in a quad-core processor-based server. After all, he figured, more cores means a more powerful machine that can do far more work than single-core systems.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Dick Smith relaunches as online-only business
- Rolling blog: Industry reacts to Budget 2016
- Microsoft's Solair acquisition could expand its IoT services
- India has shot down Apple's plan to sell refurbished iPhones
- Giphy Keys wants to be the default iOS keyboard for GIF lovers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC