Qualcomm has big plans to bring back ARM to Windows 10 PCs, and there is a chance that its Snapdragon 835 could support Windows Holographic for VR headsets.
Samsung has reportedly bought all initial inventory of Qualcomm's upcoming high-end chip.
A nasty spat between Apple and Qualcomm broke into public view on Friday when the smartphone maker accused the chip supplier of charging "exorbitant" licensing fees for its cellular technology.
ARM executives said other ARM licensees could follow Qualcomm's lead and emulate Intel's x86 instructions for Windows 10. For its part, ARM is busy with the connected car.
Qualcomm officially launches its next smartphone processor, which will begin appearing in products during the first half of 2017, and could offer about two additional hours of battery life.
A series of leaked slides appear to reveal the details of Qualcomm's upcoming Snapdragon 835 smartphone processor, which will most likely be formally disclosed at CES.
Microsoft and Qualcomm have teamed up to bring Windows on ARM chips—again—to PCs, but with a powerful caveat: they've added support for traditional Win32 apps as well.
iFixit's iPhone 7 Plus teardown reveals Apple put the extra space from the missing headphone jack to good use.
Both the latest AMD Zen and Intel Kaby Lake microprocessors won't be officially supported by either Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 -- just Windows 10, Microsoft says.
The latest numbers on commercial drones, including FAA Section 333 exemptions and venture funding
Telco and tech firms spent more than $U31bn on startups related to the Internet of Things (IoT) between 2011 and 2015, according to new research from Ovum.
Qualcomm's upcoming server chips are being tested by top-tier cloud players, but now developers can also work with them through a new cloud service.
Samsung Electronics will be making Qualcomm's upcoming Snapdragon 820 chips for smartphones and other devices, refueling speculation that the chips could find their way into the South Korean giant's premium smartphones, thus winning back lost busines...
For smartphone watchers, the biggest issue will be if the 820 can leave the 810's overheating issues in the past.
Qualcomm has teased out some more details about its upcoming Snapdragon 820 processor, including a refreshed GPU and an image processing unit that could lead to big improvements in smartphone cameras.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Ransomware attacks are taking a greater toll on victims’ wallets
- How HP reclaimed the title of world's top PC maker from Lenovo
- Companion mobile app exposed Hyundai cars to potential hijacking
- FCC chairman plans to 'reverse the mistake' of net neutrality
- The SteelSeries Qck Prism is the first dual-sided RGB mousepad
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPProject/Deployment ManagerQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst | DETQLD
- FTTester AnalystACT
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystQLD
- FTService Delivery AnalystNSW
- FTSecurity Solutions Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- TPReports Developer SSRS / SSISVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- TPIT Service ManagerNSW
- CCGIS DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCJava Developer IntegrationQLD
- FTField Engineer - Hardware RolloutsNSW
- TPSenior Project Officer HSQQLD
- FTPMO CoordinatorQLD
- FTLooking for Information Security professional @ CanberraNSW
- FTSharepoint Support AnalystVIC
- CCTest Analyst - Infrastructure - NV1 ClearanceACT
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- CCSenior System AdministratorQLD
- TPSenior Full-Stack DeveloperSA
- CCCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCSolution DesignerVIC