The Wi-Fi Alliance warned that LTE on unlicensed frequencies could interfere with Wi-Fi and said it plans to collaborate with the 3GPP cellular standards group to help prevent that.
Qualcomm pays $975 billion fine in China ... HP buys cloud security company ... Now you can set up a drone no-fly zone ... and more news.
China has fined Qualcomm about $US975 million for engaging in monopolistic business practices, and the chipmaker has agreed to modify some of its business practices in the country as part of the settlement.
China is said to be close to imposing a fine of more than $US1 billion on chipmaker Qualcomm, indicating it intends to protect local manufacturers who it says have been overcharged by the dominant player.
If unlicensed Wi-Fi spectrum is like a cool, independently run cafe, then mobile operators using those frequencies for LTE may sound like a corporate chain buying out your favorite spot.
The U.S. Department of Justice has backed a move by the IEEE Standards Association to modify the rules governing patents that go into making standards, so as to curb excessive royalties and attempts to ban rival products that implement the patents.
Every flagship smartphone you buy contains a processor designed by ARM. On Tuesday, ARM described what those flagship phones will look like in 2016 -- and they'll all be powered by its new chip, the Cortex A-72 processor.
Samsung's mobile profits slide as Apple catches up ... Amazon has an enterprise mail service up its sleeve ... Foreign tech firms say China's cybersecurity rules are meant to drive them away ... and more
Qualcomm has hyped up its 64-bit Snapdragon 810 as the most advanced mobile processor on the market, but its exclusion from an upcoming "flagship device" is causing it some financial grief.
Users around the world are getting faster mobile broadband as LTE-Advanced and smartphones that can take advantage of the technology finally start to take off.
The AllJoyn system for connecting and controlling multiple Internet of Things devices can now reach beyond a home or office.
Light bulbs equipped with Wi-Fi could soon lower your electric bills and do even more -- like scaring away burglars.
Car buyers look for the best deals, not the best in-vehicle operating systems. At CES, though, show goers will be able to view a concept Cadillac car loaded with Android 5.0 and technological bells and whistles that could make driving safer and more ...
If the Internet of Things didn't quite proliferate in 2014, at least IoT industry groups and standards bodies did.
Earlier this month, Amazon, Apple, and Facebook each welcomed China's top Internet regulator to their headquarters, for visits marked by smiles and laughter.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Stock-market jitters have rocked network spending, Cisco says
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
- Microsoft lets cautious users try more of Windows 10’s leading edge
- A new IoT gateway design could be Bluetooth's ticket to the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Biomedical - South Australia locationSA
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- CCData AnalystNSW