The decades-old legacy of Motorola as a semiconductor innovator remains alive, with Google providing its Motorola Mobility unit a fresh start in chip design with the X8 chip system, which will be used in the upcoming Droid and Moto X smartphones.
The second-generation 7-in. Nexus 7 tablet, which Google may unveil next week, includes two cameras and is expected to run Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean), according to leaked photos and video.
HTC's much rumoured One mini smartphone has been leaked in more photos with a full specification, plus the firm has hinted at the device with an infographic.
LG is using a new video to promote an event in New York City on Wednesday, 7 August, evidently to unveil its new Optimus G2 smartphone running a faster Snapdragon 800 processor.
Apple's next-generation iPhone, dubbed iPhone 5S or iPhone 6, could come with support for the LTE-Advanced wireless standard, offering twice the data speed as the current 4G LTE networks.
Japan's Sharp said Monday that it has received a second US$60 million investment from Qualcomm, as the two companies work together to mass produce low-power, high-performance displays for mobile devices.
The successor to LG's Optimus G smartphone, due sometime in the third quarter, will run a faster Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, the companies said.
Chip maker Qualcomm is introducing six new processors meant for entry-level phones in China and emerging markets.
Bloomberg says that Qualcomm's new Snapdragon 800 chip will power "some new versions" of Microsoft's Surface RT tablet. Even so, beefed-up processors alone won't cure what ails Windows RT.
Texas Instruments and Qualcomm are working on products that will power small mobile base stations, also known as small cells, and help improve indoor coverage and speeds for enterprises.
Qualcomm has announced a new processor and modem combination that will open the door for cheaper LTE smartphones.
Samsung's upcoming Galaxy Note 3 phablet will reportedly use a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 CPU, according to ZDnet Korea.
Google's Nexus 4 smartphone is not at the end of its life despite suspicions to the contrary during the run-up to Google I/O.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has taken a major step toward helping more airlines offer in-cabin wireless broadband, with the agency voting Thursday to explore using new spectrum for air-to-ground broadband service.
Nvidia will stay on board with making Tegra ARM-based processors for Windows RT tablets despite sluggish early sales of the devices, making the same commitment that Qualcomm has made, an Nvidia executive said
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Medion Akoya E4110 (MD 8239) desktop PC
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 3 Kogan Agora 4G review
- 4 Motorola Moto E review
- 5 OnePlus One: An Australian review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- LTE in Wi-Fi spectrum shows great potential, says NTT DoCoMo
- Sony serves up tennis swing-analyzing sensor in US, Canada
- Acer releases its own Chromebox, bringing the Google OS to desktops
- LG's high-end smartphone features trickle down to new L series
- Amazon strikes deal in China to offer more imported goods
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTMarketing Communications Executive - B2BNSW
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTInformation Services ManagerNZ
- FTAccount Manager Programmatic Trading DeskNSW