The latest numbers on commercial drones, including FAA Section 333 exemptions and venture funding
Telco and tech firms spent more than $U31bn on startups related to the Internet of Things (IoT) between 2011 and 2015, according to new research from Ovum.
Qualcomm's upcoming server chips are being tested by top-tier cloud players, but now developers can also work with them through a new cloud service.
Samsung Electronics will be making Qualcomm's upcoming Snapdragon 820 chips for smartphones and other devices, refueling speculation that the chips could find their way into the South Korean giant's premium smartphones, thus winning back lost busines...
For smartphone watchers, the biggest issue will be if the 820 can leave the 810's overheating issues in the past.
Qualcomm has teased out some more details about its upcoming Snapdragon 820 processor, including a refreshed GPU and an image processing unit that could lead to big improvements in smartphone cameras.
Chipset vendors such as Broadcom and STMicroelectronics have launched products that'll make it possible to offer gigabit speeds over fiber as well as over copper and cable networks.
Qualcomm has entered into an agreement to acquire Ikanos Communications in order to speed up its efforts to build home gateways with integrated support for G.fast, which promises to offer hundreds of megabit per second over copper.
Qualcomm plans reorg... pressure grows on Apple Music probe... Microsoft fights revenge porn... and more tech news.
Qualcomm will cut costs by about $1.4 billion per year and study the possible sale of assets as part of a company realignment.
If you're wondering what a low-budget Windows 10 smartphone might look like, Microsoft's minimum requirements provide some clues.
Mainframes mainstay of IBM results... Tech lobbying booms... Uber takes to courts... and more tech news
Qualcomm hit with European antitrust probe...Intel slows down Moore's Law...Law enforcement shuts down hacking forum...and more tech news.
Qualcomm is under investigation by the European Union's antitrust authority, which suspects the company of abusing its dominant position in the market for 3G and 4G chipsets used in smartphones and tablets.
A networking protocol that could be whizzing around your home's airspace in a few years came one step closer to reality on Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- FTDesktop Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- CCHCMS Program ManagerNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCAccounts Reconciliation Officer/ AdministratorNSW
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- CCIT Business Analyst- Infrastructure, BABOK- Government BackgrndNSW
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - InsuranceVIC