ARM executives said other ARM licensees could follow Qualcomm's lead and emulate Intel's x86 instructions for Windows 10. For its part, ARM is busy with the connected car.
Qualcomm officially launches its next smartphone processor, which will begin appearing in products during the first half of 2017, and could offer about two additional hours of battery life.
A series of leaked slides appear to reveal the details of Qualcomm's upcoming Snapdragon 835 smartphone processor, which will most likely be formally disclosed at CES.
Microsoft and Qualcomm have teamed up to bring Windows on ARM chips—again—to PCs, but with a powerful caveat: they've added support for traditional Win32 apps as well.
iFixit's iPhone 7 Plus teardown reveals Apple put the extra space from the missing headphone jack to good use.
Both the latest AMD Zen and Intel Kaby Lake microprocessors won't be officially supported by either Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 -- just Windows 10, Microsoft says.
The latest numbers on commercial drones, including FAA Section 333 exemptions and venture funding
Telco and tech firms spent more than $U31bn on startups related to the Internet of Things (IoT) between 2011 and 2015, according to new research from Ovum.
Qualcomm's upcoming server chips are being tested by top-tier cloud players, but now developers can also work with them through a new cloud service.
Samsung Electronics will be making Qualcomm's upcoming Snapdragon 820 chips for smartphones and other devices, refueling speculation that the chips could find their way into the South Korean giant's premium smartphones, thus winning back lost busines...
For smartphone watchers, the biggest issue will be if the 820 can leave the 810's overheating issues in the past.
Qualcomm has teased out some more details about its upcoming Snapdragon 820 processor, including a refreshed GPU and an image processing unit that could lead to big improvements in smartphone cameras.
Chipset vendors such as Broadcom and STMicroelectronics have launched products that'll make it possible to offer gigabit speeds over fiber as well as over copper and cable networks.
Qualcomm has entered into an agreement to acquire Ikanos Communications in order to speed up its efforts to build home gateways with integrated support for G.fast, which promises to offer hundreds of megabit per second over copper.
Qualcomm plans reorg... pressure grows on Apple Music probe... Microsoft fights revenge porn... and more tech news.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Sensitive access tokens and keys found in hundreds of Android apps
- Microsoft's first tethered Windows 10 VR headsets to ship in March
- Terrorists are winning the digital arms race, experts say
- Low-end Android phones could get VR with new Imagination GPU
- Twitter's Vine dies today, so download your videos pronto
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- CC3x DevOps / Integration Developers l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- TPIDAM ArchitectVIC
- CCPeoplesoft SpecialistACT
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- CCReporting AnalystVIC
- CCBiztalk DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- CCMicrosoft Active Directory ArchitectACT
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTSystems Engineer l Citrix NetScalerNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementSA
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerACT
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTAutomation TesterVIC