The latest TVs and tablets are only part of the fun that International CES has to offer. This is about the biggest tech trade show in the world, after all, with thousands of vendors falling over each other to get noticed. Live demos go wrong, marketi...
If you're a serious Android-watcher, you've probably heard of the YotaPhone - the Russian-built Android phone that packs a rear-mounted e-Ink display in addition to a standard touchscreen.
It's been a year since the introduction of the first Intel Inside handset, but the company's struggles to break into the smartphone market continue as rivals Nvidia and Qualcomm improved speed and power efficiency of ARM chips, which dominate that ma...
New 802.11ac routers launching at International CES promise users gigabit-speeds and better performance when streaming video.
Qualcomm's keynote at the International CES was packed with big names and even a Big Bird, but CEO Paul Jacobs' focus was on something much smaller -- a new family of processors aimed at high-end smartphones and tablets.
Qualcomm called on some big names to ensure its opening-night keynote at the International CES wasn't a dud. Steve Ballmer, Big Bird, the pop group Maroon5, and even former Archbishop Desmond Tutu all made appearances to keep things rolling along.
Qualcomm Atheros is rolling out StreamBoost, a technology that will be used in Wi-Fi routers and gateways to improve the performance of movies and games streamed over wireless home networks.
New York's state pension fund sued Qualcomm on Thursday in a bid to force the chipmaker to disclose its political contributions, which the fund argued is needed to ensure the contributions are in its shareholders' interests.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to move forward on plans to have the U.S. military share wireless spectrum in the 3.5GHz band with commercial users.
PrimeSense, which developed the 3D sensing technology used in Microsoft's Kinect, is set to unveil a compact 3D sensor that can fit into a variety of consumer electronic devices.
Taiwan's MediaTek announced a new quad-core ARM chip made for mid- to high-end Android devices that the company hopes will keep it competitive as rival chip makers also come out with their own quad-core chipsets.
Qualcomm is preparing two new quad-core processors for the mainstream smartphone market, with support for several Chinese standards.
Although Microsoft is just getting started with its 2012 Surface tablets, the company plans to launch three new devices in the next year, according to a well-known source of leaks.
Qualcomm has agreed to invest up to US$120 million in struggling Japanese firm Sharp, with the two companies to work together to develop low-power displays for mobile devices.
China's largest search engine Baidu said on Monday the company would provide 30GB of free cloud storage to Android devices built with certain Qualcomm chips, in what's the latest move by the company to carve out a presence in the country's mobile ser...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- CCProject Manager - Managed Print ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCChange LeadNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCProject Scheduler / Project Manager - IT InfrastructureNSW
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW