Qualcomm is planting the seeds for 4K video and faster LTE speeds in more affordable smartphones with its new Snapdragon 620 and 618 processors, which will reach devices in the second half of this year.
Obama headlines Silicon Valley cybersecurity summit ... Xiaomi starts up in U.S. ... Expedia fights off Google ... and more news
Just days after settling with the Chinese government over claims it abused its market dominance, Qualcomm may be investigated in South Korea over the same issue.
The Wi-Fi Alliance warned that LTE on unlicensed frequencies could interfere with Wi-Fi and said it plans to collaborate with the 3GPP cellular standards group to help prevent that.
Qualcomm pays $975 billion fine in China ... HP buys cloud security company ... Now you can set up a drone no-fly zone ... and more news.
China has fined Qualcomm about $US975 million for engaging in monopolistic business practices, and the chipmaker has agreed to modify some of its business practices in the country as part of the settlement.
China is said to be close to imposing a fine of more than $US1 billion on chipmaker Qualcomm, indicating it intends to protect local manufacturers who it says have been overcharged by the dominant player.
If unlicensed Wi-Fi spectrum is like a cool, independently run cafe, then mobile operators using those frequencies for LTE may sound like a corporate chain buying out your favorite spot.
The U.S. Department of Justice has backed a move by the IEEE Standards Association to modify the rules governing patents that go into making standards, so as to curb excessive royalties and attempts to ban rival products that implement the patents.
Every flagship smartphone you buy contains a processor designed by ARM. On Tuesday, ARM described what those flagship phones will look like in 2016 -- and they'll all be powered by its new chip, the Cortex A-72 processor.
Samsung's mobile profits slide as Apple catches up ... Amazon has an enterprise mail service up its sleeve ... Foreign tech firms say China's cybersecurity rules are meant to drive them away ... and more
Qualcomm has hyped up its 64-bit Snapdragon 810 as the most advanced mobile processor on the market, but its exclusion from an upcoming "flagship device" is causing it some financial grief.
Users around the world are getting faster mobile broadband as LTE-Advanced and smartphones that can take advantage of the technology finally start to take off.
The AllJoyn system for connecting and controlling multiple Internet of Things devices can now reach beyond a home or office.
Light bulbs equipped with Wi-Fi could soon lower your electric bills and do even more -- like scaring away burglars.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- These solar road panels could turn our world into Tron
- New Satana ransomware encrypts user files and master boot record
- Firmware exploit can defeat new Windows security features on Lenovo ThinkPads
- Use Apache Spark? This tool can help you tap machine learning
- Intel tunes its mega-chip for machine learning
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCProject Analyst/ CoordinatorVIC
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCSr Business Analyst FI/CO, ERP, Procurement, Payroll, HR, SAPNSW
- CCSales Specialist - DigitalNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS ASP.NET/SQL) 160714/AP/265Asia
- FTTIBCO Technical LeadNSW
- FTSystems AnalystVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- FTService Delivery Coordinator - ApplicationsNSW
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW