Samsung pushes into mobile payments with LoopPay acquisition ... Qualcomm getting set to roll out 64-bit mobile chips ... Ex-GM CEO warns Apple off the car business ... and more news.
Android and Windows smartphone users will experience a new level of performance with Qualcomm's flagship Snapdragon 810 chip, set to go into devices later this year. But the company is teeing up an even faster and more power-efficient successor, the ...
Qualcomm is planting the seeds for 4K video and faster LTE speeds in more affordable smartphones with its new Snapdragon 620 and 618 processors, which will reach devices in the second half of this year.
Obama headlines Silicon Valley cybersecurity summit ... Xiaomi starts up in U.S. ... Expedia fights off Google ... and more news
Just days after settling with the Chinese government over claims it abused its market dominance, Qualcomm may be investigated in South Korea over the same issue.
The Wi-Fi Alliance warned that LTE on unlicensed frequencies could interfere with Wi-Fi and said it plans to collaborate with the 3GPP cellular standards group to help prevent that.
Qualcomm pays $975 billion fine in China ... HP buys cloud security company ... Now you can set up a drone no-fly zone ... and more news.
China has fined Qualcomm about $US975 million for engaging in monopolistic business practices, and the chipmaker has agreed to modify some of its business practices in the country as part of the settlement.
China is said to be close to imposing a fine of more than $US1 billion on chipmaker Qualcomm, indicating it intends to protect local manufacturers who it says have been overcharged by the dominant player.
If unlicensed Wi-Fi spectrum is like a cool, independently run cafe, then mobile operators using those frequencies for LTE may sound like a corporate chain buying out your favorite spot.
The U.S. Department of Justice has backed a move by the IEEE Standards Association to modify the rules governing patents that go into making standards, so as to curb excessive royalties and attempts to ban rival products that implement the patents.
Every flagship smartphone you buy contains a processor designed by ARM. On Tuesday, ARM described what those flagship phones will look like in 2016 -- and they'll all be powered by its new chip, the Cortex A-72 processor.
Samsung's mobile profits slide as Apple catches up ... Amazon has an enterprise mail service up its sleeve ... Foreign tech firms say China's cybersecurity rules are meant to drive them away ... and more
Qualcomm has hyped up its 64-bit Snapdragon 810 as the most advanced mobile processor on the market, but its exclusion from an upcoming "flagship device" is causing it some financial grief.
Users around the world are getting faster mobile broadband as LTE-Advanced and smartphones that can take advantage of the technology finally start to take off.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- London is next in line for Google-backed gigabit Wi-Fi
- US transport agency guidance on vehicle cybersecurity irks lawmakers
- Twitter said to plan 300 more job cuts this week
- Lyft customers face potential hack from recycled phone numbers
- For cordless VR and more, WiGig may be worth the wait
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- TPAndroid Developer | Tech Start-UpNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- CCPerformance AnalystNSW
- CCSharePoint / Office365 DeveloperWA
- CCSenior / Lead UX DesignerNSW
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCKofax DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystWA
- TPEDRMS Project ManagerVIC
- FTSystem Engineer l Applications & SOE PackagersNSW
- CCSenior Test Analyst (Brisbane Based)QLD
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportQLD
- CCSAS DI DeveloperNSW
- CCSiebel Technical Integration SpecialistACT
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW
- FTSenior Wintel System EngineerWA
- FTTechnical Support OfficerWA
- FTSenior Oracle DBAQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectWA
- FTBizTalk Developer X3VIC
- CCSenior Digital DesignerNSW