Samsung pushes into mobile payments with LoopPay acquisition ... Qualcomm getting set to roll out 64-bit mobile chips ... Ex-GM CEO warns Apple off the car business ... and more news.
Android and Windows smartphone users will experience a new level of performance with Qualcomm's flagship Snapdragon 810 chip, set to go into devices later this year. But the company is teeing up an even faster and more power-efficient successor, the ...
Qualcomm is planting the seeds for 4K video and faster LTE speeds in more affordable smartphones with its new Snapdragon 620 and 618 processors, which will reach devices in the second half of this year.
Obama headlines Silicon Valley cybersecurity summit ... Xiaomi starts up in U.S. ... Expedia fights off Google ... and more news
Just days after settling with the Chinese government over claims it abused its market dominance, Qualcomm may be investigated in South Korea over the same issue.
The Wi-Fi Alliance warned that LTE on unlicensed frequencies could interfere with Wi-Fi and said it plans to collaborate with the 3GPP cellular standards group to help prevent that.
Qualcomm pays $975 billion fine in China ... HP buys cloud security company ... Now you can set up a drone no-fly zone ... and more news.
China has fined Qualcomm about $US975 million for engaging in monopolistic business practices, and the chipmaker has agreed to modify some of its business practices in the country as part of the settlement.
China is said to be close to imposing a fine of more than $US1 billion on chipmaker Qualcomm, indicating it intends to protect local manufacturers who it says have been overcharged by the dominant player.
If unlicensed Wi-Fi spectrum is like a cool, independently run cafe, then mobile operators using those frequencies for LTE may sound like a corporate chain buying out your favorite spot.
The U.S. Department of Justice has backed a move by the IEEE Standards Association to modify the rules governing patents that go into making standards, so as to curb excessive royalties and attempts to ban rival products that implement the patents.
Every flagship smartphone you buy contains a processor designed by ARM. On Tuesday, ARM described what those flagship phones will look like in 2016 -- and they'll all be powered by its new chip, the Cortex A-72 processor.
Samsung's mobile profits slide as Apple catches up ... Amazon has an enterprise mail service up its sleeve ... Foreign tech firms say China's cybersecurity rules are meant to drive them away ... and more
Qualcomm has hyped up its 64-bit Snapdragon 810 as the most advanced mobile processor on the market, but its exclusion from an upcoming "flagship device" is causing it some financial grief.
Users around the world are getting faster mobile broadband as LTE-Advanced and smartphones that can take advantage of the technology finally start to take off.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- You can now use an iPhone to log into a Windows 10 PC, Microsoft says
- Android malware that can infiltrate corporate networks is spreading
- Firefox blocks websites with vulnerable encryption keys
- Ransomware spreads through weak remote desktop credentials
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW