Qualcomm and Nvidia get most of the headlines in the mobile chip business, but two Chinese vendors are cornering the market for processors used in low-cost tablets, and in 2014 they might find their way into a product near you.
Chip maker Qualcomm will promote current COO Steve Mollenkopf to the role of CEO next year. He will replace long-standing CEO Paul Jacobs, son of one of the company's founders, Irwin Jacobs, the company said Friday.
Qualcomm and competitor MediaTek are working on chipsets that will open the door for LTE in low-cost smartphones and tablets, allowing people all over the world to benefit from the higher speeds it offers.
Home appliances, cars and computers could soon be talking to one another thanks to an open source framework that has the backing of consumer electronics manufacturers in a new industry alliance.
Qualcomm has made its Gimbal sensors or "proximity beacons" commercially available as part of the company's context aware platform, which lets, for example, retailers see when a customer has entered a store.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 rumour mill is gaining momentum with possible specs leaked via benchmark.
While China's demand for electronics continues to soar, the tech services market may be shrinking for U.S. enterprise vendors. Security concerns over U.S. secret surveillance are giving the Chinese government and local companies more reason to trust ...
A Chinese regulator is investigating mobile chip maker Qualcomm in connection with the Chinese Anti-Monopoly Law, according to Qualcomm.
Mobile device chips coming next year from Qualcomm will be able to use wide spectrum bands that carriers are beginning to patch together with new technology, but its lofty performance claims need to be taken with a grain of salt.
Qualcomm wants to make tablets and smartphones more perceptive by giving the devices a "silicon brain," company CEO Paul Jacobs said Wednesday.
Qualcomm has introduced a mobile chip that will play back 4K video on smartphones and tablets in addition to supporting the latest 802.11ac Wi-Fi.
Qualcomm's Toq smartwatch will go on sale for US$349.99 starting Dec. 2, marking the company's first step into the wearable market.
BlackBerry is expected to announce a definitive merger agreement with Fairfax Financial Holdings on Monday -- or present an alternative bidder to help get the company back on track, with the latter group including the likes of Qualcomm.
Qualcomm has changed the job profile of Chief Marketing Officer, Anand Chandrasekher, to focus on the emerging area of enterprises, which analysts said points to the company likely developing ARM server chips.
Wearable mobile devices are diversifying even before some big bets have been proved out.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant/Analyst (Data Loss Prevention)WA
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - ApplicationsSA
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCJira Administrator - Western SydneyNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- CCProject Manager- Wealth and AdviceNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW