IT security firm Qualys has unveiled a free inventory service that can help organizations keep track of all their computers and virtual machines.
There's an old saying in the security community: Attacks always get better. The latest case where that holds true is for the aging RC4 cipher that's still widely used to encrypt communications on the Internet.
Fourteen critical vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer were among the targets of Microsoft's monthly batch of security patches released Tuesday. In all, it fixed 46 vulnerabilities across products including Windows, Internet Explorer and Office.
If you can't wait for that critical patch to secure your system from some just-discovered bug, IT security firm Qualys may have an answer, through new security software that can secure the trouble spot until the patch arrives.
A critical vulnerability in glibc, a core Linux library, can be exploited remotely through WordPress and likely other PHP applications to compromise Web servers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
- Intel asserts its trademark rights against John McAfee
- Big data: The obstacles we’re seeing and how to overcome them
- Privacy groups target kids advertising disguised as YouTube content
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- FTDigital DeveloperNSW
- FTProgram SchedulerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- CCProject Manager - Payroll SystemsSA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (System Backup Operation) 161014/ITA/523Asia
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Canberra roleNSW
- FTIncident & Problem AnalystVIC
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- FTJava Script, Frontend Developer- DynamoDB or MongoDBNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclipse) 161007/AP/vmpAsia
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- CCTest Lead with HP ALMACT
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- FTTest ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystVIC
- FTScrum MasterNSW