Fully functional quantum computers are still a dozen years off, which is why Intel needs to invest in fundamental research now, according to CEO Brian Krzanich.
Researchers have been working on quantum systems for more than a decade, in the hopes of developing super-tiny, super-powerful computers. And while there is still plenty of excitement surrounding quantum computing, significant roadblocks are causing ...
Cambridge scientists have come up with a simple way to generate the entangled photons needed by quantum computers using a cheap light emitting diode (LED) powered by electrical voltage.
Researchers at the University of New South Wales in Australia have created a transistor using quantum dots, 10 times smaller than traditional transistors used in today's computer chips, according to IEEE Spectrum. The quantum dots, when working toget...
Researchers in the U.K. and the U.S. on Friday published a paper detailing discoveries that might bring a fully functional quantum computer one step closer to reality.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Java-based Trojan was used to attack over 400,000 systems
- HPE servers get new names to help users figure out what they can be used for
- Amazon Web Services goes gunning for gamers with free FPS framework
- US government wants to sharply increase spending on cybersecurity
- Facebook faces restrictions in France on data transfer to US, tracking of users
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCService ModellerNSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC