The key to quantum computing could be as simple as burning the active ingredient in moth balls; using this method, the holy grail of quantum computing – the ability to work in ‘real-world’ room temperatures – has been demonstrated by an international...
One of the challenges on the way to realising the benefits of quantum computing is finding a way to compactly assemble and then precisely control enough quantum bits, or "qubits," to deliver on the technology's enormous processing potential. Research...
Many approaches are being tried in the race to develop a working quantum computer, but Google this week reported using a combination of techniques with particularly promising results.
The latest version of the key document offering security guidance to government agencies — the Information Security Manual — has been updated to take into account the impending threat to encryption posed by quantum computing.
IBM Research is making its quantum processor available to the public via IBM's cloud to any desktop or mobile device.
Prime minister, Malcolm Turnbull, has hailed the University of New South Wales’ quantum computing research as the “best in the world.”
We humans may still be licking our wounds following AI's victory at the ancient game of Go, but it turns out we still have something to be proud of.
MIT researchers have announced a new approach that uses diamonds to solve a tricky problem with quantum computers.
Fully functional quantum computers are still a dozen years off, which is why Intel needs to invest in fundamental research now, according to CEO Brian Krzanich.
Researchers have been working on quantum systems for more than a decade, in the hopes of developing super-tiny, super-powerful computers. And while there is still plenty of excitement surrounding quantum computing, significant roadblocks are causing ...
Cambridge scientists have come up with a simple way to generate the entangled photons needed by quantum computers using a cheap light emitting diode (LED) powered by electrical voltage.
Researchers at the University of New South Wales in Australia have created a transistor using quantum dots, 10 times smaller than traditional transistors used in today's computer chips, according to IEEE Spectrum. The quantum dots, when working toget...
Researchers in the U.K. and the U.S. on Friday published a paper detailing discoveries that might bring a fully functional quantum computer one step closer to reality.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Xiaomi gets into laptops with Mi Notebook Air
- IDG Pokémon Go bible
- Qualcomm agrees to pay $19.5M to settle charges of bias against women
- In light of increased cyberattacks, White House sets defence plan with FBI in charge
- The best Pokémon Go map grabs data directly from the Pokémon Go servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- FTEnvironment Management AnalystACT
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- FTJDE DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCAccounts Reconciliation Officer/ AdministratorNSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia