The key to quantum computing could be as simple as burning the active ingredient in moth balls; using this method, the holy grail of quantum computing – the ability to work in ‘real-world’ room temperatures – has been demonstrated by an international...
One of the challenges on the way to realising the benefits of quantum computing is finding a way to compactly assemble and then precisely control enough quantum bits, or "qubits," to deliver on the technology's enormous processing potential. Research...
Many approaches are being tried in the race to develop a working quantum computer, but Google this week reported using a combination of techniques with particularly promising results.
The latest version of the key document offering security guidance to government agencies — the Information Security Manual — has been updated to take into account the impending threat to encryption posed by quantum computing.
IBM Research is making its quantum processor available to the public via IBM's cloud to any desktop or mobile device.
Prime minister, Malcolm Turnbull, has hailed the University of New South Wales’ quantum computing research as the “best in the world.”
We humans may still be licking our wounds following AI's victory at the ancient game of Go, but it turns out we still have something to be proud of.
MIT researchers have announced a new approach that uses diamonds to solve a tricky problem with quantum computers.
Fully functional quantum computers are still a dozen years off, which is why Intel needs to invest in fundamental research now, according to CEO Brian Krzanich.
Researchers have been working on quantum systems for more than a decade, in the hopes of developing super-tiny, super-powerful computers. And while there is still plenty of excitement surrounding quantum computing, significant roadblocks are causing ...
Cambridge scientists have come up with a simple way to generate the entangled photons needed by quantum computers using a cheap light emitting diode (LED) powered by electrical voltage.
Researchers at the University of New South Wales in Australia have created a transistor using quantum dots, 10 times smaller than traditional transistors used in today's computer chips, according to IEEE Spectrum. The quantum dots, when working toget...
Researchers in the U.K. and the U.S. on Friday published a paper detailing discoveries that might bring a fully functional quantum computer one step closer to reality.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security/Admin.) 161014/SA/253Asia
- CCNetwork Capacity PlannerVIC
- FTDigital Optimisation and Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCWebpage Designer - Canberra RoleNSW
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- FTBiomedical Project ManagerSA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (System Backup Operation) 161014/ITA/523Asia
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161017/ITA/742Asia
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- CCCloud Security Services SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Web Programming) 161013/AP/185Asia
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- CCIT Risk ManagerNSW
- CCManager of Pricing and AnalyticsVIC