Rakuten is trying to inject some black ink into its struggling e-book business with the acquisition of OverDrive Holdings, one of the largest providers of e-books for rent to libraries and schools.
Japanese e-commerce site Rakuten will become the latest online shopping mall to take bitcoin, with its services in the U.S., Germany and Austria accepting the digital currency.
Japanese online shopping giant Rakuten has added another company to its cart with the acquisition of Ebates, a cash-back shopping website.
Japan's Rakuten will acquire instant messaging and calling app developer Viber Media for US$900 million, the e-commerce giant said Friday, highlighting its moves to penetrate new markets.
Rakuten, Japan's largest online retailer, is acquiring a U.S. logistics firm as it continues to build out its infrastructure to compete with foreign rivals like Amazon.com.
The founder and CEO of one of the world's largest e-commerce sites says his firm's moral principles may keep it from defeating rival Amazon.com in the long run.
Visitors to what used to be Buy.com will see a few changes on the front page this week -- including a pronunciation guide for its new name.
Japan's Rakuten said Tuesday it will acquire a French logistics company that will allow it to provide same-day deliveries in Paris as well as next-day services across Europe.
Japanese e-commerce company Rakuten said on Tuesday that it plans to acquire Canadian e-book and e-reader company Kobo in a bid to expand in the area of media downloads for consumers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- These solar road panels could turn our world into Tron
- New Satana ransomware encrypts user files and master boot record
- Firmware exploit can defeat new Windows security features on Lenovo ThinkPads
- Use Apache Spark? This tool can help you tap machine learning
- Intel tunes its mega-chip for machine learning
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCSolution DesignerACT
- CCICT Engineer - SecurityQLD
- CCSpatial DeveloperQLD
- CCUser Experience AnalystACT
- CCImplementation Manager (Digital Signs)QLD
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCOracle Administrators with SiebelACT
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCTest LeadNSW
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW