AT&T reported a slight increase in revenue and a smaller net loss for the fourth quarter, helped along largely by smartphone and broadband sales.
AT&T reported revenue of US $31.5 billion for the third quarter of this year, flat compared to the third quarter of 2011, while net income was up slightly to $3.6 billion.
AT&T has scrapped its plans to purchase rival mobile carrier T-Mobile USA in the face of opposition from two U.S. agencies.
AT&T's revenue was down slightly in the third quarter of 2011, compared to a year earlier, but net income rose by about US$400 million, on a comparable basis, driven by strong growth in its mobile and broadband divisions.
AT&T will return 5,000 outsourced call-center jobs to the U.S. if regulators approve its proposed US$39 billion acquisition of T-Mobile USA, the company said Wednesday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD
- CCSenior Automation TesterQLD
- CCERP LeadWA
- FTDigital Delivery and Engagement OfficersVIC
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCWeb Designer or Visual Interactional DesignerNSW
- FT2 x Firewall Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- FTMiddleware Specialist / Systems AdministrationNSW
- TPSharePoint SpecialistQLD
- FTCommercial, Contract, Vendor ManagementVIC
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCFunctional SAP IS Specialist (Logistics / Retail)SA
- FTProduct OwnerVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior AEM Support AnalystVIC
- FTLead Software EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Designer and DeveloperNSW
- CCAgile Project ManagerQLD