AT&T reported a slight increase in revenue and a smaller net loss for the fourth quarter, helped along largely by smartphone and broadband sales.
AT&T reported revenue of US $31.5 billion for the third quarter of this year, flat compared to the third quarter of 2011, while net income was up slightly to $3.6 billion.
AT&T has scrapped its plans to purchase rival mobile carrier T-Mobile USA in the face of opposition from two U.S. agencies.
AT&T's revenue was down slightly in the third quarter of 2011, compared to a year earlier, but net income rose by about US$400 million, on a comparable basis, driven by strong growth in its mobile and broadband divisions.
AT&T will return 5,000 outsourced call-center jobs to the U.S. if regulators approve its proposed US$39 billion acquisition of T-Mobile USA, the company said Wednesday.
AT&T reported revenue of US$31.5 billion for the second quarter of 2011, up 2.2 percent from the same quarter in 2010, but net income dropped due to increased operational and support costs.
AT&T's proposed acquisition of rival mobile carrier T-Mobile USA would give customers fewer choices and drive up prices, some U.S. lawmakers said Thursday.
AT&T's revenue for the first quarter of 2011 was up 2.3 per cent and its net income rose 38.9 per cent from a year earlier, driven by mobile customer gains.
AT&T reported revenue of US$31.4 billion for the fourth quarter of 2010, up 2.1 percent from a year earlier, with the company reporting a record gain in mobile customer additions.
AT&T reported net income of $US4 billion for the second quarter of 2010, up nearly 26 percent from the second quarter of 2009, driven largely by increasing demand for Apple's iPhone and other smartphones, the company said Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- FTIT Support Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW