AT&T reported a slight increase in revenue and a smaller net loss for the fourth quarter, helped along largely by smartphone and broadband sales.
AT&T reported revenue of US $31.5 billion for the third quarter of this year, flat compared to the third quarter of 2011, while net income was up slightly to $3.6 billion.
AT&T has scrapped its plans to purchase rival mobile carrier T-Mobile USA in the face of opposition from two U.S. agencies.
AT&T's revenue was down slightly in the third quarter of 2011, compared to a year earlier, but net income rose by about US$400 million, on a comparable basis, driven by strong growth in its mobile and broadband divisions.
AT&T will return 5,000 outsourced call-center jobs to the U.S. if regulators approve its proposed US$39 billion acquisition of T-Mobile USA, the company said Wednesday.
AT&T reported revenue of US$31.5 billion for the second quarter of 2011, up 2.2 percent from the same quarter in 2010, but net income dropped due to increased operational and support costs.
AT&T's proposed acquisition of rival mobile carrier T-Mobile USA would give customers fewer choices and drive up prices, some U.S. lawmakers said Thursday.
AT&T's revenue for the first quarter of 2011 was up 2.3 per cent and its net income rose 38.9 per cent from a year earlier, driven by mobile customer gains.
AT&T reported revenue of US$31.4 billion for the fourth quarter of 2010, up 2.1 percent from a year earlier, with the company reporting a record gain in mobile customer additions.
AT&T reported net income of $US4 billion for the second quarter of 2010, up nearly 26 percent from the second quarter of 2009, driven largely by increasing demand for Apple's iPhone and other smartphones, the company said Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Apple MacBook (early 2015) review: Almost a game changer
- 2 Microsoft Surface 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 3 HP Spectre x360 convertible laptop
- 4 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
- 5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70 compact camera
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- SAP sets its sights on the IoT with new cloud services
- Citrix's iPad mouse arrives next week
- SAP brings its S/4Hana data platform to the cloud
- Lawmakers move to end warrantless surveillance of US residents
- Microsoft won't give up trademark fight over Skype in Europe
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.