AT&T reported a slight increase in revenue and a smaller net loss for the fourth quarter, helped along largely by smartphone and broadband sales.
AT&T reported revenue of US $31.5 billion for the third quarter of this year, flat compared to the third quarter of 2011, while net income was up slightly to $3.6 billion.
AT&T has scrapped its plans to purchase rival mobile carrier T-Mobile USA in the face of opposition from two U.S. agencies.
AT&T's revenue was down slightly in the third quarter of 2011, compared to a year earlier, but net income rose by about US$400 million, on a comparable basis, driven by strong growth in its mobile and broadband divisions.
AT&T will return 5,000 outsourced call-center jobs to the U.S. if regulators approve its proposed US$39 billion acquisition of T-Mobile USA, the company said Wednesday.
AT&T reported revenue of US$31.5 billion for the second quarter of 2011, up 2.2 percent from the same quarter in 2010, but net income dropped due to increased operational and support costs.
AT&T's proposed acquisition of rival mobile carrier T-Mobile USA would give customers fewer choices and drive up prices, some U.S. lawmakers said Thursday.
AT&T's revenue for the first quarter of 2011 was up 2.3 per cent and its net income rose 38.9 per cent from a year earlier, driven by mobile customer gains.
AT&T reported revenue of US$31.4 billion for the fourth quarter of 2010, up 2.1 percent from a year earlier, with the company reporting a record gain in mobile customer additions.
AT&T reported net income of $US4 billion for the second quarter of 2010, up nearly 26 percent from the second quarter of 2009, driven largely by increasing demand for Apple's iPhone and other smartphones, the company said Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCProject Manager - Operational TechnologyQLD