A flaw in the widely used OpenSSL library could allow man-in-the-middle attackers to impersonate HTTPS servers and snoop on encrypted traffic. Most browsers are not affected, but other applications and embedded devices could be.
A vulnerability in Android's default Web browser lets attackers spoof the URL shown in the address bar, allowing for more credible phishing attacks.
A critical vulnerability in code used by several virtualization platforms can put business information stored in data centers at risk of compromise.
The mystery high-severity flaw that people were expected to be fixed in OpenSSL is no Heartbleed, but it is serious and users should update.
Over 5,000 devices used by gas stations in the U.S. to monitor their fuel tank levels can be manipulated from the Internet by malicious attackers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Attackers deploy rogue proxies on computers to hijack HTTPS traffic
- Intel's new Kaby Lake chips for PC: Here's the company's vision
- New ransomware threat deletes files from Linux web servers
- HPE is betting big on AI to fuel your apps and analytics
- Apple must repay $14.5 billion in underpaid taxes in Ireland
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Business Analyst - GeneralVIC
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCOperational Applications Support AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCABAP DeveloperVIC
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCPMO Project AdministratorNSW
- CCOracle/Java/Applications DeveloperACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Infrastructure/JAVA) 160901/SA/486Asia
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- CCManager Architecture Practice Lead (Infrastructure Architect)NSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSAP IS Retail Functional LeadVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW