SUSE 12 is a broad set of Linux distributions ranging from desktop through enterprise level. We tested several instances and found them quite ready for enterprise use. All in all, SUSE 12 is a worthy competitor to Red Hat and Ubuntu in the enterprise Linux market.
Red Hat in pictures
The most important cloud acquisitions this year have one thing in common: OpenStack.
Red Hat has polished the open source OpenStack Cloud hosting software so that it can be more easily deployed within enterprises.
Just before the stroke of midnight Tuesday Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), computerized clocks around the world will pause for a moment to squeeze in an extra second.
Red Hat continues to make inroads into the enterprise storage software market, improving two of its core storage technologies and striking partnerships with key IT system resellers.
Samsung is partnering with Red Hat to build mobile apps for business users, in a deal that recalls Apple's tie-up with IBM this time last year.
A critical vulnerability in code used by several virtualization platforms can put business information stored in data centers at risk of compromise.
A devoted practitioner offers an eyewitness account of the rise of Linux and the open source movement, plus analysis of where Linux is taking us now
Contributing to open-source projects can give software developers an edge over other applicants in the competitive IT job market, say hiring professionals.
Coming up with a great technology product or service is only half the battle these days. Creating a name for said product that is at once cool but not too cool or exclusionary, marketable to both early adopters and a broader audience, and, of course,...
The sprawl of management consoles, the proliferation of data they provide and the rising use of virtualization are adding challenges to corporations looking to more effectively manage mixed Linux, Windows and cloud environments.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel asserts its trademark rights against John McAfee
- Big data: The obstacles we’re seeing and how to overcome them
- Privacy groups target kids advertising disguised as YouTube content
- Ex-NSA contractor hoarded two decades' worth of secrets
- Cloud growth continues to be the name of the game for Microsoft
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FT.Net CRM Dynamics Developer LeadVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantTAS
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- CCWebpage Designer - Canberra RoleNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 161019/JP/552Asia
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- FTSoftware Developers - .Net 4.6NSW
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia
- CCResident Engineer - Nexus 2K, 5K, 7K & 9KNSW
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM ConsultantSA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- FTOperational Integrity ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystVIC