SUSE 12 is a broad set of Linux distributions ranging from desktop through enterprise level. We tested several instances and found them quite ready for enterprise use. All in all, SUSE 12 is a worthy competitor to Red Hat and Ubuntu in the enterprise Linux market.
Red Hat in pictures
The most important cloud acquisitions this year have one thing in common: OpenStack.
Red Hat has polished the open source OpenStack Cloud hosting software so that it can be more easily deployed within enterprises.
Just before the stroke of midnight Tuesday Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), computerized clocks around the world will pause for a moment to squeeze in an extra second.
Red Hat continues to make inroads into the enterprise storage software market, improving two of its core storage technologies and striking partnerships with key IT system resellers.
Samsung is partnering with Red Hat to build mobile apps for business users, in a deal that recalls Apple's tie-up with IBM this time last year.
A critical vulnerability in code used by several virtualization platforms can put business information stored in data centers at risk of compromise.
Contributing to open-source projects can give software developers an edge over other applicants in the competitive IT job market, say hiring professionals.
Coming up with a great technology product or service is only half the battle these days. Creating a name for said product that is at once cool but not too cool or exclusionary, marketable to both early adopters and a broader audience, and, of course,...
The sprawl of management consoles, the proliferation of data they provide and the rising use of virtualization are adding challenges to corporations looking to more effectively manage mixed Linux, Windows and cloud environments.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW