SUSE 12 is a broad set of Linux distributions ranging from desktop through enterprise level. We tested several instances and found them quite ready for enterprise use. All in all, SUSE 12 is a worthy competitor to Red Hat and Ubuntu in the enterprise Linux market.
Red Hat in pictures
The most important cloud acquisitions this year have one thing in common: OpenStack.
Red Hat has polished the open source OpenStack Cloud hosting software so that it can be more easily deployed within enterprises.
Just before the stroke of midnight Tuesday Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), computerized clocks around the world will pause for a moment to squeeze in an extra second.
Red Hat continues to make inroads into the enterprise storage software market, improving two of its core storage technologies and striking partnerships with key IT system resellers.
Samsung is partnering with Red Hat to build mobile apps for business users, in a deal that recalls Apple's tie-up with IBM this time last year.
A critical vulnerability in code used by several virtualization platforms can put business information stored in data centers at risk of compromise.
A devoted practitioner offers an eyewitness account of the rise of Linux and the open source movement, plus analysis of where Linux is taking us now
Contributing to open-source projects can give software developers an edge over other applicants in the competitive IT job market, say hiring professionals.
Coming up with a great technology product or service is only half the battle these days. Creating a name for said product that is at once cool but not too cool or exclusionary, marketable to both early adopters and a broader audience, and, of course,...
The sprawl of management consoles, the proliferation of data they provide and the rising use of virtualization are adding challenges to corporations looking to more effectively manage mixed Linux, Windows and cloud environments.
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple, Microsoft and Amazon offer fairer deal on cloud storage
- Hackers behind bank attack campaign use Russian as decoy
- Microsoft eyes Indian startups for cloud services
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- New Zealand High Court clears Kim Dotcom extradition to the US
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSOE AdministratorQLD
- FTMicrosoft ConsultantVIC
- CCMidrange ProvisioningNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- TPChange AnalystQLD
- CCLevel 1/2 SAP Support AnalystACT
- CCIT Procurement OfficerNSW
- TPAgile Project Manager. Sharepoint / PeoplesoftNSW
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- TPProject ManagerOther
- FTSenior .Net Developer with Silverlight proficiencyVIC
- CCSalesforce - Functional Analyst (BA)NSW
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | Enterprise Information SharingQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - PERMANENTACT
- CCData Analyst - AutoHaulWA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectWA
- TPLinux Desktop Support SpecialistWA
- FTSenior Security Sales SpecialistVIC
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CCProject / Portfolio SchedulerNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- TPe-Learning Developer (Captivate 8)VIC
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- CCDigital - Full Stack developer contract role - CollingwoodVIC