SUSE 12 is a broad set of Linux distributions ranging from desktop through enterprise level. We tested several instances and found them quite ready for enterprise use. All in all, SUSE 12 is a worthy competitor to Red Hat and Ubuntu in the enterprise Linux market.
Red Hat in pictures
The most important cloud acquisitions this year have one thing in common: OpenStack.
Red Hat has polished the open source OpenStack Cloud hosting software so that it can be more easily deployed within enterprises.
Just before the stroke of midnight Tuesday Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), computerized clocks around the world will pause for a moment to squeeze in an extra second.
Red Hat continues to make inroads into the enterprise storage software market, improving two of its core storage technologies and striking partnerships with key IT system resellers.
Samsung is partnering with Red Hat to build mobile apps for business users, in a deal that recalls Apple's tie-up with IBM this time last year.
A critical vulnerability in code used by several virtualization platforms can put business information stored in data centers at risk of compromise.
Contributing to open-source projects can give software developers an edge over other applicants in the competitive IT job market, say hiring professionals.
Coming up with a great technology product or service is only half the battle these days. Creating a name for said product that is at once cool but not too cool or exclusionary, marketable to both early adopters and a broader audience, and, of course,...
The sprawl of management consoles, the proliferation of data they provide and the rising use of virtualization are adding challenges to corporations looking to more effectively manage mixed Linux, Windows and cloud environments.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shoot an atom into silicon, and you may have the beginnings of a quantum computer
- Juniper's new access switches add to its cloud-focused lineup
- Google cleared of infringement in Oracle lawsuit over Java
- Up to a dozen banks are reportedly investigating potential SWIFT breaches
- Google goes after Microsoft, Tableau, and others with a new free analytics tool
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCScrum MasterACT
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW