Red Hat has polished the open source OpenStack Cloud hosting software so that it can be more easily deployed within enterprises.
Just before the stroke of midnight Tuesday Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), computerized clocks around the world will pause for a moment to squeeze in an extra second.
Red Hat continues to make inroads into the enterprise storage software market, improving two of its core storage technologies and striking partnerships with key IT system resellers.
Samsung is partnering with Red Hat to build mobile apps for business users, in a deal that recalls Apple's tie-up with IBM this time last year.
A critical vulnerability in code used by several virtualization platforms can put business information stored in data centers at risk of compromise.
Potentially making work easier for system administrators, Red Hat has updated its development packages to support running multiple versions of the same programming language on its flagship enterprise operating system, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL).
Red Hat understands that developing a mobile application is not the same as building one for the desktop, which is why the company has augmented its software stack with new technologies for mobile development.
Reacting to the surging popularity of the Docker virtualization technology, Red Hat has customized a version of its Linux distribution to run Docker containers.
Security researchers are urging users to install new Samba security updates in order to address a critical vulnerability that allows attackers to execute arbitrary code with root privileges.
SUSE 12 is a broad set of Linux distributions ranging from desktop through enterprise level. We tested several instances and found them quite ready for enterprise use. All in all, SUSE 12 is a worthy competitor to Red Hat and Ubuntu in the enterprise...
Remote code execution vulnerabilities in the standard implementation of the network time protocol (NTP) can be exploited by attackers to compromise servers, embedded devices and even critical infrastructure systems that run UNIX-like operating system...
The "grinch" Linux vulnerability that Alert Logic raised alarms about Tuesday is not a vulnerability at all, according to Red Hat.
The most important cloud acquisitions this year have one thing in common: OpenStack.
System administrators who spent last week making sure their computers are patched against Shellshock, a critical vulnerability in the Bash Unix command-line interpreter, will have to install a new patch that addresses additional attack vectors.
Red Hat wants a piece of the enterprise mobile app market, so it has acquired Irish company FeedHenry for approximately €63.5 million (US$82 million).
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- TPSAP FICO Functional AnalystQLD
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)VIC
- CCActive Directory EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)ACT
- FTIteration ManagerSA
- TPSQL/BI DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity Operations EngineerNSW
- CCSecurity ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Windows Systems Engineer- MCSE- SCOM, SCCMNSW
- FTService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCQuality and Testing Assurance SpecialistNSW
- CCMedical Imaging Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Cabling, Network Sys Design and DeliveryNSW
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- CCOnsite Level 2 Desktop SupportNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - RoboticsNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerWA