Red Hat will&nbsp; preview next week a CEP (complex event processing) capability being added to the company's open source business rules management software.
Enterprise open-source software vendor Red Hat has acquired cloud software provider Makara, Red Hat announced Tuesday. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Attachmate may be the primary purchasing party in the Novell acquisition deal announced today, but the involvement of Microsoft means there's a fresh new threat to Linux looming on the horizon.
Red Hat on Wednesday released version 6 of its Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) distribution.
Fedora 14, or "Laughlin," made its official debut on Tuesday, and it's packed with a raft of new features designed to enhance the experience for users of the open source desktop operating system.
Oracle may own the Java trademark, but VMware is touting its own Spring framework as the best programming model for enterprise Java developers.
The current model of selling commercial enterprise software is broken, charged the CEO for Red Hat. It is too expensive, doesn't address user needs and, worst of all, it leaves chief information officers holding all the risk of implementing new syste...
One of the most persistent myths surrounding Linux and other open source software is that there's no easy way to get good support. Just this week, for instance, we saw this claim used in Microsoft's anti-OpenOffice.org video, obviously with the hope ...
Most of the volunteers and vendors behind OpenOffice.org have decided to create a new foundation that will be independent from Oracle and speed up improvements to the code in the open source alternative to Microsoft Office.
There's never a dull moment in the land of Linux, and recent weeks have been no exception. Since no outlet can hope to give full coverage to every development that occurs, here's a roundup of some of the key events.
The newly released version of the Fedora Linux-based operating system will be the first to incorporate desktop virtualization capabilities, the Fedora Foundation announced on Tuesday.
Red Hat, Tibco and Apple helped buoy technology investor confidence this week even as economic concerns caused volatility in the markets.
Interest in IT security certifications is booming, as more U.S. companies tighten up the protection surrounding their critical network infrastructure and as a growing number of employees view security expertise as recession proof.
The managing board of enterprise open-source software company Red Hat has elected a retired U.S. Army officer, General Henry Hugh Shelton, to serve as chairman, the company announced Monday. Shelton takes the place of Matthew Szulik, who was the form...
Rumors swirled once again this week regarding a possible takeover of Red Hat, this time by SAP, but a number of industry observers said Thursday that the prospect is unlikely at best.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IBM and Cisco will make Watson into a virtual workmate
- Time is short to stop expansion of FBI hacking, senator says
- Over 100 DDoS botnets built using Linux malware for embedded devices
- HP sells PCs in a new way as it tries to speed up upgrades
- Microsoft appears to be building a business app marketplace
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- FTSystems AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCTest LeadNSW
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT