U.S. schools could get a cool billion to set up Wi-Fi networks to connect more than 10 million more students by the 2015-2016 school year under a new FCC proposal.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should leave net neutrality enforcement to antitrust agencies that can bring lawsuits against broadband providers after they see evidence of anti-competitive behavior, some U.S. lawmakers have advocated.
Chinese mobile phone maker ZTE is doing battle in Europe with a firm that holds a portfolio of standards-essential patents, saying that it is impeding fair competition by not licensing the intellectual property on reasonable terms.
China on Wednesday started blocking the online storage service Dropbox.
Complaints by Netflix and Internet backbone providers about network traffic congestion point to a real problem, with congestion on some networks lasting 18 hours a day, but the problems are sporadic and often temporary, according to preliminary resul...
Twitter has restored access to content that was last month blocked in Pakistan at the request of the government, in a review of its controversial decision.
China is slapping a major online provider of pirated videos in the country with a 260 million yuan (US$42 million) fine.
Self-driving cars could appear on Dutch public roads soon, as the government is preparing regulations that will make large-scale public road tests legal, the country's Ministry of Infrastructure and Environment said Monday.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission is looking into complaints from Netflix and some Internet backbone providers that several large broadband providers have been refusing for years to upgrade their backbone connections as a way to slow video t...
Chinese server vendors are making big gains in their home market, and putting pressure on U.S. rivals Hewlett-Packard and IBM in the "hyperscale" segment, according to research firm IDC. Dell, though, remains the country's number one server vendor.
AT&T is backing Microsoft in its challenge of a U.S. search warrant for private email communications located in a facility in Dublin, Ireland.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission is threatening to step in with regulations if network providers don't improve cybersecurity.
China makes headlines every other week for its censorship of the Internet, but few people outside the country know what it's like to live with those access controls, or how to get around them.
Microsoft has in a landmark case challenged in U.S. federal court a search warrant for private email communications located in the company's facility in Dublin, Ireland, after a magistrate judge quashed in April its opposition to the warrant.
All bits running over the Internet are not equal and should not be treated that way by broadband providers, despite net neutrality advocates' calls for traffic neutral regulations, Cisco Systems said.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Engineer-UNIXVIC
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS Software EngineerNSW
- CCProject ManagerWA
- TP.NET Developer (Sitecore)QLD
- FTHealth Software Support Consultant - Permanent - North RydeNSW
- CCTrainer - AgileACT
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCSenior UX/UI Designer (Mobile)NSW
- FTSolution DesignerVIC
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW
- TPService Desk Analyst - Out of hoursSA
- CCResource/ Workforce AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- CCWorkforce Planning ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD
- FTHelpdesk Support- LANNSW
- FTService Lifecycle Management RepresentativeVIC
- CCNetwork Security EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedOther
- CCGuidewire ArchitectNSW
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- CCSoftware DeveloperNSW