A small band of net neutrality advocates who have pitched their tents beside the U.S. Federal Communications Commission hope that their on-the-ground activism can counterbalance well-funded lobbying efforts by large broadband providers.
A flood of Internet users and net neutrality advocates called on the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to enact strong net neutrality rules, with many participants in an agency-sponsored Twitter chat Tuesday advocating utility-style regulations ...
The CEOs of 28 U.S. broadband providers and trade groups, including the four largest ISPs, have warned the U.S. Federal Communications Commission against reregulating broadband as a utility in an effort to protect net neutrality, saying reclassificat...
India's antitrust agency has initiated an inquiry into Google's termination of an AdWords account with a remote technology support business, after allegations that it was done to promote the Internet giant's own services in the area.
Facebook may still be among the foreign websites blocked by Chinese authorities, but the U.S. social network is considering opening a sales office in China to help drive advertising on its service.
A cable broadband trade group and a lawmaker are urging the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to refrain from reclassifying broadband as a regulated utility, a move the agency's chairman says is still on the table.
The chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission will use all the tools at his disposal to stop broadband providers from dividing the Internet into fast and slow lanes, he wrote in a letter to Internet companies critical of his recent net n...
Serve the public trust, protect the innocent, uphold the law.
Venture capitalists and angel investors are unhappy with net neutrality rules proposed by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission, they said in an open letter published Thursday.
The U.S. Federal Election Commission appears to be warming to the idea of political donations in bitcoin, but has left the larger question of the upper value limit of such donations unresolved.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should delay its scheduled May 15 vote on a new net neutrality proposal because of public outcry that the rules aren't strong enough, a commissioner said.
More than 100 online firms including Google, Amazon and Facebook have signed a joint letter to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission warning of "grave consequences" if it fails to protect the openness of the Internet.
Android console maker Ouya is considering entering the Chinese market as part of its expansion into Asia.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in US citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- CCOracle CCB DesignerVIC
- FTDrupal Web DeveloperACT
- CCChange and Communications Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - UX experience NeededNSW
- FTFront-end Developer (UX/UI)NSW
- FTGeospatial Data AnalystVIC
- CCService Delivery Analyst - Port MacquarieNSW
- FTData Entry Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)WA
- FTCapacity ManagerACT
- CCSOE Business AnalystACT
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTProject Manager - Knowledge Management implementationVIC
- CC1st / 2nd Level Help Desk SupportNSW
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieQLD
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageQLD
- TPStrategic Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Java Web DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerACT
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- FTDeveloper / Junior Solution DesignerQLD
- CCSenior Process Specialist - TelcoVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW