The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should reclassify portions of broadband networks as regulated, common-carrier services to preserve net neutrality protections, Mozilla has said in a new petition to the agency.
Reddit cofounder Alexis Ohanian has launched a crowdfunding campaign to let the U.S. Federal Communications Commission know, in a big and bold message, that many Internet users are not happy with the agency's new net neutrality proposal.
Critics who say a new U.S. Federal Communications Commission proposal to restore net neutrality rules is too weak are increasing pressure on the agency to reclassify broadband as a regulated, common-carrier service like the traditional telephone netw...
Microsoft is bringing its Xbox One to China this September after the nation recently ended a ban on foreign-made video game consoles.
Some drivers would love to have a cellphone-free bubble around their cars, but when a Florida man allegedly created one every day on his commute, it didn't necessarily make the highway a safer place.
When the U.S. Federal Communications Commission announced its proposal to reinstate new net neutrality regulations that would allow broadband providers to engage in commercially reasonable traffic management, the agency set off a firestorm of protest...
Chinese online video sites were forced to pull the plug on The Big Bang Theory and three other US TV shows over the weekend on orders from the nation's regulators, leaving Internet users scratching their heads over why the shows were targeted.
The FCC's upcoming net neutrality plan has already touched off such a blaze of reaction that the agency has set up an email box where the public can send comments about it.
The U.S. military might have to share its radar frequencies with mobile broadband providers under a plan the Federal Communications Commission continued to flesh out this week under the catchy name Citizens Broadband Radio Service.
A new net neutrality proposal from the U.S. Federal Communications Commission meets the goals of past efforts and does not destroy open Internet principles, as critics have feared, FCC officials said Thursday.
Despite its setbacks in the U.S., Huawei Technologies still expects growth from its carrier business in the nation, and is focusing on the market's smaller network operators to increase sales.
Qualcomm's activities in China could result in regulatory penalties for the chip vendor, this time from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission over bribery allegations.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will take public comments before moving forward with a new set of net neutrality rules that sparked controversy when they were leaked in a news report earlier Wednesday.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will propose new net neutrality rules Thursday that will allow broadband providers to charge companies like Netflix for preferential traffic management, according to a news report.
Completing the circle of Beltway life, the mobile industry group CTIA has named a former member of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission as its president and CEO.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPMaster Portfolio SchedulerVIC
- CCService Delivery Analyst -Port MacquarieNSW
- FTEngineer Control Systems SpecialistSA
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- FTProject Engineer - Newcastle BasedNSW
- CCNetwork Architect - SecurityVIC
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- CCSolution Designer with PEGA experience- TelcoVIC
- FTSenior IT Domain SpecialistVIC
- TPSenior Full-Stack DeveloperSA
- FTBusiness Development ManagerACT
- FTNetwork Engineer - CCNP - WeipaQLD
- CCTechnical Requirements Architect - NV1ACT
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Student Management SystemQLD
- FTSecurity Engineer (IPS & Firewall exp essential) - Perm - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTSAP DevelopersSA
- CCSenior Process Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- TPBusiness Intelligence AnalystQLD
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Devops EngineerVIC
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW