A group of activists are hoping to appeal a U.S. judge's ruling that treated the censorship on Chinese search engine Baidu as free speech.
A U.S. judge has ruled that the Chinese search engine Baidu has the right to block pro-democracy works from its query results, dismissing a lawsuit that sought to punish the company for Internet censorship.
The Turkish government has followed through on a threat to block YouTube from within its borders.
Google has been fined about US$166,000 by India's antitrust agency for not providing information and documents required in an investigation.
The administration of U.S. President Barack Obama is set to propose legislation that will end the bulk collection of phone data by the U.S. National Security Agency, according to a newspaper report.
The U.S. Federal Communications will soon move forward on a 2-year-old proposal to experiment with spectrum sharing in an effort to deal with a skyrocketing demand for mobile data bandwidth and increasingly crowded mobile services, the agency's chair...
Atlanta cancer-screening laboratory LabMD has stepped up its challenge of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission's authority to enforce data security standards by filing a lawsuit against the agency.
A U.S. government effort to encourage agreement among copyright holders and Web-based services on how to improve the notice-and-takedown process in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act began Thursday with some disagreement about what direction the di...
Brazil's lawmakers have agreed to withdraw a provision in a proposed Internet law, which would have required foreign Internet companies to host data of Brazilians in the country.
Verizon Communications is forcing customers in southern California to move from traditional telephone service to voice over IP or wireless services, a consumer advocacy group has said in a complaint filed with the state.
The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office is looking for ideas on how to improve the controversial notice-and-take-down provisions of the 1998 Digital Millennium Copyright Act, amid complaints that the current process is cumbersome for small musicians and...
Twitter may be blocked in China, but that isn't stopping its CEO Dick Costolo from visiting the country this week to learn more about the nation's tech market.
One of China's most popular messaging apps, WeChat, has started shutting down certain accounts known for their political writings, the latest sign that the nation is stepping up its censorship of the Internet.
Singapore plans to regulate local Bitcoin exchanges to stop the virtual currency from being used in money laundering and terrorist financing schemes, authorities said.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has approved AT&T's US$1.2 billion acquisition of competitor Leap Wireless, which sells prepaid mobile service under the Cricket brand.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team Lead | Blackburn | Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia