A US House Intelligence Committee is launching an investigation against Chinese telecommunication equipment suppliers Huawei and ZTE to find whether the companies pose a security threat to the country.
Facebook has reduced the amount of personal data it releases to users as required by European Union law despite an ongoing audit by Ireland's Data Protection Commissioner.
The latest text to set new rules on spectrum use in the European Union fails to deal with the potential problem of interference in consumer equipment, according to a trade organization.
Participants at an Internet forum in the northern Italian town of Trento have written to Prime Minister-designate Mario Monti, urging him to up Italy's investment in the digital economy.
The Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) is aiming to strengthen requirements for transparency, independence and accountability in its next contract for the creation of top-level domains.
The U.S. Senate has voted against a Republican measure that would have overturned net neutrality rules passed by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission last December.
The European Commission is preparing a major reform of the E.U. Data Protection Directive, which will focus on how foreign companies handle European consumer data.
One of China's most popular Twitter-like services, Sina Weibo, said it needs better systems to stop harmful rumors on the site, but doesn't intend to force its users to register with their real names.
The executive office of U.S. President Barack Obama <a href="http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/omb/legislative/sap/112/sapsjr6s_20111108.pdf">said</a> Tuesday that the administration strongly opposes passage in the Senate of a resolution ...
Online video advertising network ScanScout has agreed to settle U.S. Federal Trade Commission charges that it wrongly claimed that consumers could opt out of receiving targeted ads by changing their computer's browser settings to block cookies.
AT&T's assertions that its planned acquisition of T-Mobile USA will create up to 96,000 new U.S. jobs are "completely unfounded" and contrary to past evidence of similar mergers, one economist said Tuesday.
A group of GPS vendors and users has asked the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to permanently block LightSquared from using the upper band of its licensed radio spectrum for a cellular data network.
Don't panic. It's a test, only a test.
Google has lost the man who has led its government relations efforts in the Americas for more than six years, at a time when the company's operations face intense scrutiny from legislators and regulators.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- FBI expansion of surveillance powers meets obstacle
- Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- Tensions rise over LTE using Wi-Fi channels
- Why Dropbox left Amazon's cloud and built its own from scratch
- How to find the cheapest flights
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCSales Specialist - DigitalNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerNSW
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Oracle) 160603/AP/vmpAsia
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsNSW
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT