The U.S. Department of Commerce will not explain why it is blocking Chinese company Huawei from participating in a project to build a national wireless network, citing security reasons, a department official said.
While representatives of the online advertising industry questioned whether new laws are needed to protect consumer privacy online, several U.S. lawmakers on Thursday called for new regulations targeting online tracking.
LightSquared's plan to build a mobile broadband network on spectrum next to the GPS band could create major problems for U.S. farmers and aviators, critics of the proposal told lawmakers Wednesday.
China's Huawei Technologies has called on the U.S. Department of Commerce to explain why the company is apparently being excluded from participation in the construction of a national wireless network for emergency responders.
A U.S. Federal Communications Commission plan to redirect telephone subsidies to rural areas to broadband deployment could leave out cable-based voice and broadband providers, a cable trade group said Tuesday.
Many top websites share their visitors' names, usernames or other personal information with their partners without telling users and, in some cases, without knowing they're doing it, according to a new study from Stanford University.
<a href="http://www.fairsearch.org/">FairSearch.org</a>, a coalition of companies critical of Google's business practices, is urging all 50 U.S. state attorneys general to investigate the search giant over possible antitrust violations.
Indian Minister for Communications Kapil Sibal announced a new draft telecommunication policy on Monday, aiming to give preference to domestic manufacturers of equipment, with an eye to reducing the country's import bill and ensuring the security of ...
The overhaul of an "outdated" U.S. Federal Communications Commission program that subsidizes telephone service in rural areas will lead to universally available broadband service in the U.S. by the end of the decade, FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski s...
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has issued warnings to 20 online retailers selling illegal mobile phone jammers, GPS jammers, Wi-Fi jammers and other signal jamming devices, the agency said Wednesday.
The U.S. Congress should focus on voluntary incentives, instead of new regulations, as a way to encourage companies to improve their cybersecurity efforts, although some changes in current laws are needed, a group of Republican lawmakers said in a re...
U.S. government officials need to put more pressure on their Chinese counterparts to stop a "pervasive" cyber-espionage campaign targeting U.S. companies, one U.S. lawmaker said Tuesday.
All but the smallest electronics retailers in Europe could soon be required to take back unwanted electronics under new measures aimed at reducing e-waste.
A leading data protection expert said Tuesday that the international anti-counterfeiting trade agreement (ACTA) is "badly-drafted, breaches many fundamental rights and lawmakers should throw it out and start from scratch."
Large telecommunications companies must stop using copper-network pricing as a barrier to deploying fiber networks, or Europe will not meet its broadband targets, said the digital agenda commissioner on Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The Dropbox data breach is a warning to update passwords
- Panasonic's new 4K camcorder does better in low light
- Lenovo adds Google Daydream products to its roadmap
- Lenovo will ditch hard keyboards in planned Chromebook and 2-in-1s
- Windows 10's new beta lets computers download updates from other PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Cognos/JAVA/J2EE) 160831/SA/122Asia
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle RDBMS) 160908/AP/510Asia
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- CCFinance Stream Consultant (SAP FICO & Procurement Streams)NSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/P/743Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- FTBiztalk DesignerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/JP/709Asia
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCABAP DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia