The U.S.'s recent denial of Intel chips for China's fastest supercomputer could derail an upgrade to double the machine's processing power.
A decision by a U.S. government agency prohibiting the transmission of 3D dental records into the U.S. could open the door to further content restrictions on the Internet, digital rights groups have said.
U.S. government agencies have stopped Intel from selling microprocessors for China's supercomputers, apparently reflecting concern about their use in nuclear tests.
The punishment AT&T received this week from the U.S. government for its sloppy protection of customer data is peanuts and won't scare other companies into taking stronger security measures, some cybersecurity experts said.
It's no secret that algorithms power much of the technology we interact with every day, whether it's to search for information on Google or to browse through a Facebook news feed. What's less widely known is that algorithms also play a role when we a...
Employees at three overseas call centers sold hundreds of thousands of AT&T customer records, including names and Social Security numbers, to criminals who attempted to use the customer information to unlock stolen mobile phones, the U.S. Federal Com...
After facing a DDoS attack, an activist group isn't backing down in its attempts to end China's Internet censorship.
The six-week-old YouTube Kids service is a "hyper-commercialized" environment that intermixes advertising and other programming in a way that deceives its target audience, a coalition of privacy and children's advocacy groups said in a complaint to t...
After two U.S. women were charged this week with conspiring to build bombs in support of terrorist groups, a U.S. senator wants two publications that include bomb-making instructions deleted from the Internet.
The Federal Aviation Administration has received over 2,000 comments on its proposed rules for commercial drone flights in the U.S.
A Chinese Internet administrator blasted Google on Thursday, after the U.S. search giant decided to stop recognizing digital certificates issued by the group following a security lapse.
Uber Technologies needs to operate within existing laws, the European Commission said on Wednesday giving an update about complaints filed by the U.S. taxi hailing company against EU governments.
The Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC) asked an appeals court on Tuesday to force the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to come up with privacy rules concerning drones.
Opponents of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's new net neutrality rules aren't giving up, with a conservative advocacy group saying it has collected more than 540,000 signatures on a petition asking Congress to overturn the agency's action...
The European Commission last week announced it plans to eliminate geoblocking in order to let everyone in the European Union tune in to the same movies at the same time and allow more cross-border shopping. One of the EU's digital Commissioners, thou...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Xiaomi gets into laptops with Mi Notebook Air
- IDG Pokémon Go bible
- Qualcomm agrees to pay $19.5M to settle charges of bias against women
- In light of increased cyberattacks, White House sets defence plan with FBI in charge
- The best Pokémon Go map grabs data directly from the Pokémon Go servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- FTIdentity Systems Analyst / Solution DesignerACT
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCData Integration specialistACT
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW