Startup Rayton Solar is running a crowdfunding campaign to attract investors to its proton accelerator technology used to more efficiently slice off silicon for solar panel production, making the manufacturing process 60% cheaper.
Startup Nikola Motor Co. took the wraps off its semi-tractor trailer truck powered by a hydrogen fuel cell with 1,000 horsepower and a range of 800 to 1,200 miles on a single fill-up.
Solar and other forms of renewable energy are the fastest growing energy sources in the U.S. As a result, renewable energy is expected to supply 80% of U.S. electricity by 2050.
While solar and other forms of renewable energy still amount to a small percentage of all power generated, it is the fastest growing energy source in the U.S. As a result, renewable energy is expected to supply 80% of U.S. electricity by 2050.
President-elect Donald Trump has talked about reviving the coal industry by rolling back clean energy regulations. But natural gas and renewable energy sources are cost competitive enough to dominate.
Every emerging technology, like a child, goes through its difficult phases, and IoT is no different. To extend that analogy, you could say that automated home products are currently experiencing the technological equivalent of the terrible twos.
Videos about renewable energy
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- Trump extends Obama executive order on cyberattacks
- Sanbot is the Jill of all trades
- China Oceanwide completes its purchase of IDG
- Congress to US citizens: Want online privacy? Pay up!
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Project Manager. Ciritical permanent roleNSW
- TPProject Support Officer - Data and Information ManagementVIC
- TPDeployment Support - NSWNSW
- FTNBN Sales Consultant / Account ManagersSA
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTBI AnalystNSW
- FTWeb DesignerACT
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistVIC
- CCIT Project Scheduler- Port MacquarieQLD
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorNSW
- FTAEM Architect - Blue Chip companyNSW
- TPSenior Drupal Developer / ArchitectQLD
- TPJunior Software DeveloperQLD
- TPAO6 IT Procurement OfficerQLD
- CCSAP BPC SME/Consultant - BRISBANE BASEDQLD
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorWA
- CCSAP FICO ConsultantWA
- FTApplication Services Administrator (Linux)NSW
- CCJava/ Guidewire DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- FTJava Developer - Short team Contract @ CanberraVIC
- FTInfrastructure Analyst - Storage & Backup SystemsNSW