Solar and other forms of renewable energy are the fastest growing energy sources in the U.S. As a result, renewable energy is expected to supply 80% of U.S. electricity by 2050.
While solar and other forms of renewable energy still amount to a small percentage of all power generated, it is the fastest growing energy source in the U.S. As a result, renewable energy is expected to supply 80% of U.S. electricity by 2050.
President-elect Donald Trump has talked about reviving the coal industry by rolling back clean energy regulations. But natural gas and renewable energy sources are cost competitive enough to dominate.
Flexible, thin-film solar panels from a Silicon Valley company are allowing drone makers to keep their craft in the sky for hours longer than is possible with batteries alone.
Tesla on Friday announced its solar shingle and tile roofing line. The nascent solar shingle industry has struggled to catch on, and Tesla's entry may be what's needed to take it mainstream.
Led by wind and solar, renewable energy in 2015 reached a record 153 gigawatts (GW) worldwide, 15% more than in 2014.
Tesla's deepening relationship with Panasonic could give the U.S. company a short cut to realizing its dream of electric cars and smart homes.
Already partners in lithium-ion battery production, Tesla will begin producing Panasonic photovoltaic cells at its Buffalo, N.Y. plant due to open in 2017
Apple joined with 77 other corporations around the world in committing to using electricity from 100% renewable sources to run its data centers and offices around the globe.
Solar Impulse 2 makes history as the first solar-powered plane to circumnavigate the globe.
Soar Roadways has developed a modular system of solar panels which the company says can make roads safer and much more efficient.
Solar Impulse 2 is onto the 15th leg of its journey, flying from New York to Spain, as it attempts to circumnavigate the globe without using a single drop of fuel.
It's goal is to use 50 percent wind, solar, and hydropower by the end of 2018
A federal study of 128 U.S. cities revealed that if Americans installed solar panels on every roof, it would supply 1,432 terawatt-hours (trillion watts) of annual energy generation -- 39% of the total power used by the U.S.
In an SEC filing this week, SunEdison's parent company said the solar energy provider may have to file for bankruptcy because of excessive debt and overstated liquidity.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- FTServicing Financial Planner - CBDVIC
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Systems EngineerVIC
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- CCRecruitment ConsultantVIC
- CCJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGNSW
- CCData Surveyor, Data Analyst, Electrical backgroundNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Manager AnalyticsVIC
- CCJava Developer - Baseline Clearance requiredVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Test Analyst (HL7)VIC
- FTMotor Claims ConsultantNSW
- CCJava Developer/ Web DesginerNSW
- CCProject Manager :ApplicationsWA
- CCSecurity ConsultantWA
- CCSEM / PPC / Paid Search Specialist - 6 Month Contract RoleNSW
- FTPortal Project ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- CCProgram PMO Analyst, GovernanceNSW
- CCIngres DeveloperWA
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)VIC
- FTChange Manager/ Project ManagerACT