Tesla's deepening relationship with Panasonic could give the U.S. company a short cut to realizing its dream of electric cars and smart homes.
Already partners in lithium-ion battery production, Tesla will begin producing Panasonic photovoltaic cells at its Buffalo, N.Y. plant due to open in 2017
Apple joined with 77 other corporations around the world in committing to using electricity from 100% renewable sources to run its data centers and offices around the globe.
Solar Impulse 2 makes history as the first solar-powered plane to circumnavigate the globe.
Soar Roadways has developed a modular system of solar panels which the company says can make roads safer and much more efficient.
Solar Impulse 2 is onto the 15th leg of its journey, flying from New York to Spain, as it attempts to circumnavigate the globe without using a single drop of fuel.
It's goal is to use 50 percent wind, solar, and hydropower by the end of 2018
A federal study of 128 U.S. cities revealed that if Americans installed solar panels on every roof, it would supply 1,432 terawatt-hours (trillion watts) of annual energy generation -- 39% of the total power used by the U.S.
In an SEC filing this week, SunEdison's parent company said the solar energy provider may have to file for bankruptcy because of excessive debt and overstated liquidity.
I recently toured IBM's headquarters in Armonk, NY. The 280,000 square foot facility that was built in 1997 during the Lou Gerstner era, is currently serving as a pilot project for IBM's soon-to-be launched Smart Building solution. For an investment ...
IDC Energy Insights hosted its semi-annual Clean Energy Outlook in Boulder, Colorado on Tuesday, September 28th. A series of speakers, including IDC Energy Insights analysts, spoke on a range of topics, many of which touched on renewable energy and t...
On Oct. 7, the Department of Energy released "<a href="http://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy10osti/40745.pdf">Large-Scale Offshore Wind Power in the United States: Assessment of Opportunities and Barriers</a>."&nbsp; A couple highlights from this 240-page ...
Experiments are under way to harvest free energy through motion and the environment, which could lead to devices such as mobile phones that can be recharged without electricity. One Laptop Per Child has experimented with charging XO laptops through s...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Fiber puts expansion plans on hold to review strategy
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Windows Server) 161031/AP/962Asia
- TPTraining LeadVIC
- CCInfrastructure Solution Architect - Banking/Financial Services - Immediate StartNSW
- FTMobile Delivery Manager / Studio LeadNSW
- FTMid to senior Java Software EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTXamarin DeveloperQLD
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- CCSenior C# .Net EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - SalesforceNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- FTProgram SchedulerNSW
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportWA
- FT.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- TPSolution Architect - PortalWA
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- CCQlikview DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportQLD