Startup Nikola Motor Co. took the wraps off its semi-tractor trailer truck powered by a hydrogen fuel cell with 1,000 horsepower and a range of 800 to 1,200 miles on a single fill-up.
Solar and other forms of renewable energy are the fastest growing energy sources in the U.S. As a result, renewable energy is expected to supply 80% of U.S. electricity by 2050.
While solar and other forms of renewable energy still amount to a small percentage of all power generated, it is the fastest growing energy source in the U.S. As a result, renewable energy is expected to supply 80% of U.S. electricity by 2050.
President-elect Donald Trump has talked about reviving the coal industry by rolling back clean energy regulations. But natural gas and renewable energy sources are cost competitive enough to dominate.
Flexible, thin-film solar panels from a Silicon Valley company are allowing drone makers to keep their craft in the sky for hours longer than is possible with batteries alone.
Tesla on Friday announced its solar shingle and tile roofing line. The nascent solar shingle industry has struggled to catch on, and Tesla's entry may be what's needed to take it mainstream.
Led by wind and solar, renewable energy in 2015 reached a record 153 gigawatts (GW) worldwide, 15% more than in 2014.
Tesla's deepening relationship with Panasonic could give the U.S. company a short cut to realizing its dream of electric cars and smart homes.
Already partners in lithium-ion battery production, Tesla will begin producing Panasonic photovoltaic cells at its Buffalo, N.Y. plant due to open in 2017
Apple joined with 77 other corporations around the world in committing to using electricity from 100% renewable sources to run its data centers and offices around the globe.
Solar Impulse 2 makes history as the first solar-powered plane to circumnavigate the globe.
Soar Roadways has developed a modular system of solar panels which the company says can make roads safer and much more efficient.
Solar Impulse 2 is onto the 15th leg of its journey, flying from New York to Spain, as it attempts to circumnavigate the globe without using a single drop of fuel.
It's goal is to use 50 percent wind, solar, and hydropower by the end of 2018
A federal study of 128 U.S. cities revealed that if Americans installed solar panels on every roof, it would supply 1,432 terawatt-hours (trillion watts) of annual energy generation -- 39% of the total power used by the U.S.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
- How does China respond to US chip threats? With a $30 billion factory
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- FTMDM - ConsultantNSW
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCM & Lync/Skype for BusinessQLD
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- CCMaster Planner /SchedulerQLD
- FTSystems AnalystSA
- TPAnsarada Data Room AdministratorNSW
- TPPrincipal Business Analyst - DAFFQLD
- TPSOA DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerACT
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- FTTechnology Testing CoordinatorQLD
- CCTelco Program ManagerVIC
- TPTechnical WriterACT