Restrictive governments getting better at Internet censorship ... Facebook supersizes its open networking switch ... Apple shaking indentured servitude out of its supply chain ... and more news.
Authoritarian governments are doubling down on press censorship and becoming more adept at blocking Internet access to uncensored news sources, according to the annual World Press Freedom Index that will be published on Thursday.
Internet companies and rights groups have criticized a new Internet law in Vietnam that will put curbs on bloggers and social media.
Several U.S. senators will push for changes in the way the National Security Agency collects the telephone records of millions of U.S. residents, with lawmakers saying they will focus on making the NSA program more transparent to the public.
Reporters Without Borders named five countries that regularly spy on journalists and dissidents, a practice the group contends is made possible with advanced technology from private companies.
Skype owner Microsoft should release information about how much user data it gives to third parties, including government agencies, several organisations and individuals said in a letter to company officials.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AC5300 Router reviews: Linksys EA9500 vs. Netgear Nighthawk X8 vs. D-Link DIR-895L
- Facebook further automates trending topics, ditches human-written descriptions
- Dell Inspiron 17 7778 review: This massive 17-inch 2-in-1 is a worthwhile desktop replacement
- Inside Amazon's, Facebook's and Google's self-serving 'philanthropy'
- Try this! 6 new Android 7.0 Nougat features to use now
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCLinux EngineerVIC
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- CCSAP ArchitectSA