Taking a cue from Hewlett-Packard and eBay, Symantec is said to be in talks to carve out the company into two entities.
Nokia will stop production at its mobile handset manufacturing facility near Chennai in south India after a deal with Microsoft to manufacture phones fell through.
Hewlett-Packard's break-up plan will give the company's cloud unit more room to maneuver, which it needs to make faster progress on private and public clouds. But success will still be hard fought because of a slow start.
Should you buy a Hewlett-Packard PC (or tablet, or printer)? That question that certainly is on some customers' minds after the company's announcement Monday that it will split its PC and printer operation from its enterprise, software and services b...
Reversing the corporate strategy CEO Meg Whitman set three years ago, Hewlett-Packard is set to announce as early as Monday that it will split off its PC and printer business into a separate, publicly traded company, according to the Wall Street Jour...
EBay's board of directors has approved a plan to separate the company's eBay and PayPal businesses into independent publicly traded companies next year.
Freeing itself from the fetters of public-investor expectations, IT infrastructure company, Compuware, is becoming privately held, with equity investment firm Thoma Bravo purchasing the company outright for approximately $US2.5 billion.
Mobile carrier Sprint faces an uncertain future after announcing it is replacing long-time CEO Dan Hesse and reportedly abandoning its bid to by competitor T-Mobile USA.
Microsoft has announced that it will cut its workforce by up to 18,000 jobs, or 14 per cent, in the next year, as part of a broad effort to streamline the company in the wake of its acquisition of phone-maker Nokia.
Acer named one of its co-founders, George Huang, to the post of company chairman as the Taiwanese PC maker battles to become a force in mobile devices and software.
Nokia's ongoing tax dispute with Indian authorities has put an end to its plans to transfer a local smartphone factory over to Microsoft, as the software maker finalizes its takeover of the Finnish company's devices and services business..
Juniper Networks will lay off about 6 per cent of its workforce and back out of application delivery controllers as part of a restructuring intended to cut costs and focus the company on markets where it can grow fast.
Investor Carl Icahn has ripped into the eBay board of directors and called for the company to spin off its PayPal unit in a colorful letter to eBay stockholders released Monday.
IBM is exploring the sale of its semiconductor unit shortly after agreeing to sell its low-end server business to Lenovo Group, according to newspaper reports.
Alcatel-Lucent's revenue remained flat, but the company turned a year-earlier loss into a net profit for the fourth quarter, it reported Thursday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Toshiba considers spinning off its memory business
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- WikiLeaks’ Assange confident of winning 'any fair trial' in the US
- FTC charges Qualcomm with anticompetitive chip tactics
- Can a DDoS attack on Whitehouse.gov be a valid protest?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- CCOracle R12 Functional ConsultantSA
- CCWebMethod DeveloperVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- TPICT - Contracts and Commercial AnalystQLD
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- CCWebMethod DeveloperSA
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTChief Information Security OfficerNSW
- CCDevOps Lead - Agile/AWSVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPAnsarada Data Room AdministratorNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- CCBiztalk DeveloperNSW
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- FTIdentity Access + Security ConsultantSA