Microsoft has finally concluded its protracted search and chosen its new CEO: Satya Nadella, who as executive vice-president of the company's Cloud and Enterprise group has successfully steered the shift of the company's back-end server software and ...
Lenovo is once again restructuring its operations, this time to create two new business groups devoted to its enterprise products and to developing a software ecosystem.
Activist investor Carl Icahn has proposed that eBay spin off its payments unit PayPal into a separate company.
One of the first companies that announced an ARM server chip, Calxeda, has folded operations and is now pursuing ways to repurpose or sell its intellectual property.
Acer will have to choose new leaders with expertise in tablets and brand-building to shed its reputation as a low-end seller of notebooks, analysts said.
BlackBerry's chief operating, marketing and financial officers are leaving as recently appointed CEO John Chen makes his mark on the struggling mobile vendor.
With its new-found focus on IP networking and fast broadband access, Alcatel-Lucent is poised to take advantage of a worldwide explosion in mobile devices and the rush of service providers and operators to the cloud, company executives said at the ne...
Best known for its low-cost laptops, Acer doesn't really inspire thoughts of premium products. But building high-end hardware could be the Taiwanese vendor's best shot as it looks for a way to rescue its struggling business.
BlackBerry will change its CEO and accept a $US1 billion loan from a consortium involving shareholder Fairfax Financial Holdings as it struggles with inventory and strategy problems. The company has abandoned plans to sell itself.
The long saga of satellite operator LightSquared's quest to become a cellular carrier may come to an end soon with an auction for the company's assets scheduled for late November.
BlackBerry has increased the amount it plans to spend on its ongoing cost-cutting program, and extended it by another three months, the company said in a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on Tuesday.
Ford President and CEO Alan Mulally, considered a front-runner among candidates to replace Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer, has reportedly tried to put the brakes on the accelerating rumors.
Microsoft has said a new way of reporting its financial results will be better aligned with its corporate reorganization and offer more insight into its business.
A week after Steve Ballmer said he plans to step down as CEO of Microsoft, ValueAct Capital, one of its biggest investors, has secured the right to appoint its president to Microsoft's board.
An accumulation of perceived missteps under Steve Ballmer's leadership may have hit a tipping point this year, leading to Friday's groundshaking announcement that Bill Gates' former right hand and heir, as well as Microsoft's fiercest cheerleader, wi...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's new Catapult v2 server design is targeted at AI
- Digital transformation is giving IT spending a big boost
- FBI warns that hackers are targeting state election systems
- Nutanix gets hyperconverged with PernixData and Calm.io
- Sophisticated malware possibly tied to recent ATM heists in Thailand
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCFinance Stream Consultant (SAP FICO & Procurement Streams)NSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCData AnalystACT
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCProject Manager - open source softwareACT