Cisco Systems may be "rebalancing" its business by eliminating 4000 jobs, or about 5 per cent of its workforce, but it'll keep its hands off its hot new security acquisition, Sourcefire.
Cisco Systems has announced it will eliminate about 4000 jobs, saying it needs to pare down middle management to speed up decision-making and execution.
Cisco Systems revenue and profit increased in the company's fourth quarter compared to a year earlier as the company continued its push to transcend its networking roots and become the world's top IT company.
Three top executives of struggling Zynga will move out of the company, as the games developer aims to flatten its management structure.
Nokia finished its buyout of Nokia Siemens Networks on Wednesday and renamed the company Nokia Solutions and Networks, or NSN.
With a shareholder vote scheduled for July 18, the battle over Dell's US$24.4 billion plan to go private intensified Friday as investor Carl Icahn and his affiliates issued an enhanced offer for the company.
Alcatel-Lucent will refocus on IP networking and ultra-broadband access in mobile and fixed-line networks as it seeks to return to profitability by 2015.
A Dell special committee has rejected a new proposal from a key shareholder Carl C. Icahn, and said it will continue to support the proposal by founder Michael Dell and private-equity firm Silver Lake Partners to take the company private.
As the time for a shareholder vote draws near, the Dell special committee weighing competing bids for the company said Wednesday that a plan from investor Carl Icahn and Southeastern Asset Management comes up short by billions of dollars.
Infosys' co-founder and first CEO N. R. Narayana Murthy has returned to the company as executive chairman, amid concerns that the outsourcer's performance has not been as good as that of some of its Indian peers.
Japan's Sharp booked another huge loss on Tuesday, and unveiled its latest turnaround plan, which includes relying on partnerships with Samsung Electronics and Foxconn Technology Group for business, sacking top management, and expanding into new fiel...
Investor Carl Icahn and Southeastern Asset Management have made a counter-offer for Dell that would keep the computer company still publicly traded, according to reports.
Hewlett-Packard on Monday said it has created a business unit that will deal in purpose-built systems based on specific applications and usage models, and also announced the reorganization of its server unit.
Making good on a promise made in December, VMware and parent company EMC have launched a new company, called Pivotal, to offer an enterprise-ready data analysis platform as a service (PaaS) based on software from both companies.
In a filing to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on Friday, Dell highlighted the dismal financial straits that led to its plan to take the company private, a move that now has some major shareholders in an uproar.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Dropbox levels up its features for administrators
- Donald Trump encouraged Russia to hack Hillary Clinton's email
- Rival gang leaks decryption keys for Chimera ransomware
- After delays, Lenovo finally ships its first OLED laptop
- Xiaomi gets into laptops with Mi Notebook Air
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- FTSAP ESB Service Management SpecialistVIC
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCPeopleSoft Consultant (Financial)NSW
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCIT Project Manager - Data Centre ProjectNSW
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- FTSAP Team LeadVIC
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- CCSenior Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT