Japan's Panasonic said Wednesday it will end its brief return to the European smartphone market, pulling out less than a year after launching its first handset outside of Japan since 2005.
Internet payments company PayPal will cut 325 jobs as part of a companywide reorganisation, its president said.
Zynga is cutting about 5 percent of its workforce, and is "sunsetting" 13 of its older games, the company's founder and CEO Mark Pincus said Tuesday in a note to employees.
Yahoo plans to shut down its struggling business in South Korea by the end of this year to focus its resources, the company said on Friday.
Zynga's initial public offering Friday, a raft of acquisition announcements this week from IBM, Salesforce and others, and some upbeat reports on the chip and hardware sector are putting a positive spin on year-end news for the tech sector.
In a reorganization of its mobile business, Intel said Wednesday it has formed a new group, called the Mobile and Communications Group (MCG) that will focus on phones, tablets, and other mobile devices.
In 2011, the increasingly mobile and socially networked world of technology became more intertwined than ever with politics and the law. Patent wars shaped competition in tablets and smartphones, hacktivists attacked a widening array of political and...
Nokia Siemens Networks plans to sell its WiMax infrastructure business to NewNet Communication Technologies for an undisclosed sum.
Huawei Technologies will buy out the rest of a joint venture with Symantec for US$530 million, the companies announced on Monday.
Adobe will cut 750 jobs and reduce its investment in enterprise software as part of a broader plan to target the fast-growing markets for digital media and digital marketing products, the company said Tuesday.
Third-quarter earnings reports from major tech vendors continued to pour in this week, confirming upbeat trends for enterprise software and emerging markets but mixed results for hardware and components.
IBM's announcement Tuesday that company veteran Virginia Rometty will take over on Jan. 1 as president and CEO from Sam Palmisano is the latest in high-profile changes at the top in key technology companies, including Apple, Yahoo, and Hewlett-Packar...
Cisco expects annual revenue growth between 5 percent and 7 percent over the next three years and expects its still-ongoing restructuring to help the company increase profit faster than revenue, executives said on Tuesday at a financial analyst confe...
As she approached her third anniversary as Yahoo's CEO, Carol Bartz couldn't overcome a recent string of missteps that apparently eroded the board's confidence in her and eclipsed her achievements as leader of the embattled Internet pioneer.
Intel has formed a subsidiary charged with growing the company's business relationship with the U.S. government, with the new organization's initial focus on high-performance computing, the company said.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Nvidia's new Shield TV launches with HDR support, and connected home smarts on deck
- This Wi-Fi alternative rides on LTE rails
- Baidu names former Microsoft Office head Qi Lu as its COO
- Why Linux users should worry about malware and what they can do about it
- Indian privacy case against WhatsApp gains momentum
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSAP UX ArchitectACT
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTTechnical Account ManagerNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- CCNetwork Architect / Lead Network EngineerACT
- TPDeployment Support EngineerVIC
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerWA
- FTManager - Field ServicesVIC
- CCSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSoftware DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Financial Planning - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- CCService ManagerACT
- FTOffice365 Solution SpecialistSA
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- FTNetIQ Development & SupportNSW