Consumers often fail to perform transactions online due to authentication failure. But while they struggle, they also distrust websites with weak authentication procedures.
If concerns about cost and security can be overcome, RFID technology could help solve a growing problem in large <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/topic/154/Data+Center">data centers</a>: losing track of IT equipment.
RF Code today announced a new system that uses a combination of radio frequency identification (RFID) and infrared technology to keep tabs on the location of individual IT assets, right down to the rack level.
Businesses are using Radio Frequency ID (RFID) tags to track everything from large shipping containers, to livestock to tiny electronic components. It's unlikely though if any business is using the technology for the same purpose as Izzy's Ice Cream ...
A researcher is working on technology he hopes will be able to control RFID tags and protect private information.
A new research study estimates that 163 million "smartbooks" will ship worldwide in 2015 - a significant rate of growth given that the very first models only appeared in 2008.
Tracking Monarch butterflies on their route from Toronto to the Mexican border might be just what a 12-year-old girl needs to spark daydreams about growing up to design her own micro RFID chip.
IBM on Tuesday introduced middleware that can gather data from a wide variety of networked sensors, analyze it, and feed it into other enterprise applications that can also use the data to make decisions.
One of the world's newest communications technologies soon will be used to track one of the oldest.
Storage vendor Freecom has come up with a new external USB hard drive that can only be accessed using an RFID (radio frequency identification) swipe card.
Travellers on Tokyo's subway system are getting some high-tech help finding their destinations with the start of trials Monday of an interactive map system.
RFID tags used in two new types of border-crossing documents in the U.S. are vulnerable to snooping and copying, a researcher said on Thursday.
NEC and supply chain standards group GS1 today launched a new technology, called the EPCmagic Mirror, that can display key product information such as available sizes, colours and prices to shoppers as they try on clothes in a store.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- How Intel knocked itself out of the smartphone chip market
- Google Slides makes it easier to talk back to presenters
- Google turns on HTTPS for all blogspot blogs
- Critical flaws in ImageMagick library expose websites to hacking
- Ads mislead over broadband Internet access pricing, regulator warns
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- CCService DeskWA
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCUAT Test AnalystWA
- FTTechnical Writer - Sydney BasedNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW