In a major victory for the music industry, a New York federal judge has ordered embattled P2P software maker LimeWire to immediately and permanently stop distributing and supporting its file-sharing software.
In another big victory for the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) a federal jury has fined Boston University student Joel Tenenbaum $675,000 for illegally downloading and distributing 30 copyrighted songs.
A Boston student has been ordered to pay $US675,000 to the recording industry for illegal file-sharing, according to reports Friday.
The Recording Industry Association of America may have decided not to pursue further file-sharing trials as a policy, but one last case is set to get underway today and promises to bring a dash of the theatrical into the courtroom.
The massive $US1.9 million fine imposed by a US federal jury in the retrial of a woman accused of pirating 24 songs may could end up hurting the Recording Industry Association of America's anti-piracy campaign more than anything else, a leading copyr...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel may use AMD GPUs to challenge Nvidia's rising power
- US Supreme Court leaves gap in Samsung-Apple patent ruling
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- Creative Live! Cam Sync HD review: Crummy video tanks this HD webcam
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst/Salesforce Developer APEXNSW
- FTPaid Search SpecialistNSW
- CCSAP CRM Technical LeadACT
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (Payment Systems Project)QLD
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudNSW
- TPSharePoint Designer / DeveloperQLD
- FTSoftware Sales & BDMNSW
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerNSW
- FTHead - Project Delivery / Project Delivery DirectorACT
- FTUX/UI DesignerNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- CCSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerNSW
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Front End Wed DeveloperNSW
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderQLD
- FTWorkbrain Functional ExpertNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperVIC