Microsoft made available on Monday Sliverlight 4 Tools for Visual Studio 2010, an add-on package for the Visual Studio 2010 IDE providing tooling for the Sliverlight 4 rich Internet plugin-in platform.
Rich internet applications
Google has enhanced its search engine's capacity to index Adobe's Flash files, which are very popular on the Web but tricky for search engine spiders.
Listening to Sun Microsystems heap accolades on its JavaFX multimedia application technology Wednesday evening almost obscured the fact that JavaFX faces quite a battle in the space against the established Adobe Flash and AJAX platforms and Microsoft...
Hewlett-Packard has released a free development tool that finds vulnerabilities in Flash, Adobe System's widely used but occasionally buggy interactive Web technology.
Finding a single development environment for all purposes has so far proven an unattainable goal. But with the advent of rich Internet applications (RIA), development nirvana gets a bit closer.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)QLD
- FTLicensing SpecialistVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane basedOther
- CCWeb DesignerNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCAPI DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- FTEnterprise Architect - InformationQLD
- FTTraffic / Production ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperVIC
- FTTraining & Implementation Manager, PlatformNSW
- CCProject Management - Infrastructure projectsVIC
- CCSecurity Architect Finance Contract Sydney CBDNSW
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCProject Manager DW BINSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)VIC
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC
- CCCX Program LeadNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW